NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I see Chris Masters and Brodus Clay are announced for the PPV. A couple of others I'm not that familiar with have been announced too. IĀ dunno, I loved the YouTube run of NWA, but I have a gut feeling the change in roster/booker and lack of fans will take the steam out of it. Hope I'm wrong.Ā Ā 

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members

Masters is a reliable enough hand. He's certainly more capable than WWE wanted us to believe. Can't say I could vouch for Brodus Clay in the same way. Just have to wait and see.Ā 

16 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

I see Chris Masters and Brodus Clay are announced for the PPV. A couple of others I'm not that familiar with have been announced too. IĀ dunno, I loved the YouTube run of NWA, but I have a gut feeling the change in roster/booker and lack of fans will take the steam out of it. Hope I'm wrong.Ā Ā 

Masters was having cracking B-show matches during his final WWE run and never really got the push he deserved. Brodus Clay seems like a deeply unpleasant person and I donā€™t particularly want to see more of him.Ā 

Ultimately though, Iā€™m like you - I have similar concerns.Ā 

Edited by RedRooster

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

What's the deal with him? Haven't heard much before.

His views are very questionable, heā€™s been accused of sexual harassment against a co-host, and, not to make light of a very serious subject, but look at the state of the text messages he sent (follow the link). ā€˜Orgazzumā€™, fucking hell.Ā 

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Main Event has been announced for next weekā€™s PPV, Aron Stevens vs Nick Aldis for the NWA World Heavyweight Title as a tribute to Josephus/Question Mark

That does sound good, I'm a huge fan of Steven's cowardly heel act, but I assume given the circumstances that would be played down?

Edited by LEGIT

2 minutes ago, uklaw said:

It will not, neither will the subsequent tapings.

Clearly itā€™s for the best, but I hope they do something to create an atmosphere, be it until havingĀ socially distanced wrestlers watch matchesĀ or canned audio.

Aldis vs Stevens wonā€™t be quite the same if it takes place in complete silence.Ā 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, LEGIT said:

That does sound good, I'm a huge fan of Steven's cowardly heel act, but I assume given the circumstances that would be played down?

He's put on Twitter that he won't be "playing a character" for this match, "just me, no frills".

• Paid Members

The NWA ship has long sailed for me I'm afraid, sounds uninspiring as hell.

Loved the early shows but the promotion's had its legs cut out from underneath. Was never the same for me after Cornette (albeit justifiably) was booted off comms.

Edited by garynysmon

4 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

The NWA ship has long sailed for me I'm afraid, sounds uninspiring as hell.

Loved the early shows but the promotion's had its legs cut out from underneath. Was never the same for me after Cornette (albeit justifiably) was booted off comms.

I thought Wade Barrett was much better thanĀ Cornette, although they've obviously lost him now too.

At face value, NWA has lost quite a few wrestlers, but Question Mark and Zicky Dice aside I'd argue that they still have the bulk of their key performers. Tim Storm is still there, so is Aldis. Stevens is there, as are Thunder Rosa, KamilleĀ and Allysin Kay.

Given AEW's relationship with the NWA, I don't think it's out of the question that some of the wrestlers who left the promotion could turn up once again, even if it's only a short term thing - Ricky Starks,Ā Colt Cabana and even Kingston come to mind. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Cody or Dustin Rhodes turn up on that initial PPV.Ā 

Some lower card AEW wrestlers could even benefit from a slightly longerĀ run in the NWA - Nick Comoroto, The Varsity Blondes, Sonny Kiss, Peter Avalon and perhaps even someone like Abadon could fit relatively well in that studio setting, and develop their skillsets along the way.Ā