NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I always thought they did a great job of finding peoples strengths and playing to them. Was the roster full of megastars that you could see selling out massive stadiums? Absolutely not, but that wasn't really the point. NWA felt like it had carved out a niche and knew how to do it well and that's what made it so enjoyable. A nice easy watch. Back to basics with characters etc. Sometimes you just need that alternative to the over-polished McMahon type mass produced wrestling we're all so used to these days.

• Paid Members

It depends on what your idea of great news is. They haven't announced a roster, they've not brought back their weekly show, and they want £15 for a PPV with no matches announced when it's 3 weeks away. That's shocking in my opinion. Why would I buy that?

I thought the the first season of powerrr was good and half of the second season was and I did buy hard times and the time so I did support the nwa...but it went shit before the pandemic and they have no roster of any one of note and that is worthwhile I'm sure Chris hero or some ex WWE guy will show up at the ppv

• Paid Members

Yeah I bought Hard Times and Into The Fire PPVs, and also an Uncle Tony's Waffles and Tire Irons shirt. Apparently Powerrr is back on the 23rd, after this PPV. Hopefully we hear about a roster or matches or something soon though because my interest currently couldn't be lower.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

It depends on what your idea of great news is. They haven't announced a roster, they've not brought back their weekly show, and they want £15 for a PPV with no matches announced when it's 3 weeks away. That's shocking in my opinion. Why would I buy that?

The fact they’re back and haven’t ended is what I consider to be great news. Giving away their entire show for free on YouTube obviously wasn’t the long term strategy, but was enough to rebuild the platform and following, and they did it brilliantly. I’m more than happy to chuck £15 at this PPV based on how much free, quality context they’ve given me over the last 2 years. 

I also like the fact that I don’t know who is on the card. Much like the first season of Powerrr, that element of mystique and surprise drew me in and made it fun. I’ve no reason to doubt that they’ll deliver and it would be daft to assume they don’t have something special planned with more than their currently ‘confirmed’ roster.

Well I'll be buying the PPV, based on how much I enjoyed all their previous content.

Don't know how much losing a lot of their roster and losing the booker (can't remember his name, got accused of a lot of things during speaking out) will affect them. Hopefully they are able to find their feet again as it was the most I've enjoyed wrestling for a long time.

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, uklaw said:

He asked for his release, I believe.

From an outside perspective, that seems like an odd move. He fit the Powerrr aesthetic perfectly. When I first saw him on the programme, I found myself trying to figure out if I'd seen him before, he looked that much like he was straight out of the 80s. He looks like several prominent 80s wrestlers (and maybe Steve Corino) all merged into one.

• Paid Members

It was one of those "Steve Corino's let himself go" moments when I saw him. He's got a delightfully cringe gimmick, but he is so full on with it that it's really enjoyable.