It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

It's paraphrase from someone, a comedian I forget the name off, when talking about riots and looting, but riots are usually led by the most desperate seeking change, and its normally after more civil action has failed. Doing so in your own neighbourhood and destroying what little the minority has doesn't achieve anything. Setting fire to a car doesn't really help make people care if its yours and generally that action needs to be directed at the people in a privileged position who haven't effected change or acted on peaceful means. 

Again, I don't condone violence or violent actions but if you want the people with power and money to take notice, which are the big business and government office in the US, than it's not unsurprising to see them being looted or targeted for damage, but conversely setting fire to Mike from two doors downs mini-mart isn't necessarily helping.

• Paid Members

Yeah, people are looting Gucci and shit like that and who cares. But the first looting I saw was a target in Minesota last week. People were stealing Baby Formula. Think about that. A store which normally sells everything under one roof, and people weren't stealing guns or TV's, they were stealing essential food for babies.

I am not there. I don't know every business that has been looted. I am not saying they have good reasons to do so other then to create a protest (or maybe that innocent Mum and Pop store is a racist business). But looting causes a re-action. People are trying to get their voices heard. And I find people looting and stealing much easier to digest then people being shot at point blank range with rubber bullets and losing their eye sight or being shot and killed because the police thought they had to return fire after mistaking hearing a gun shot. 

So many places this could have been posted, but I'll post it here instead.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

17 minutes ago, Tamura said:

The BBC Red Button's Trump and COVID-19 coverage synchronises in an outstanding way.

KjrtEIG.jpg

This has just reminded me that Clara Amfo was in my Film Studies class and is now all over the BBC (and rightfully so), and I'm posting on an internet wrestling forum.

Sliding doors.

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What happens when you try and stop looters

This right here is exactly why the 2nd Amendment doesn’t work.  When everyone’s waving guns, nobody stops to ask what the situation is.

I just find the way Corden delivers anything 'heartfelt' to be incredibly disingenuous, weird given he's an actor. Probably me being a cynical prick though.

Must say, I'm not a fan of Joe Biden, but his speech today on the situation in America was really good.