It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Moderators

You can really see how dangerous it is to get in street fights like this. Didn't catch what led up to this, and it does seem like the white guy was the aggressor, but him getting KO'd like that and smacking his head off the concrete could easily be a TBI or worse - if so Asian guy likely will get done for that or face a bunch of lawsuits. Also highlights that if you're going to back up be aware of your surroundings, Asian guy got lucky in walking back into that car and dropping the taser he had.

Thanks for reading this Gracie Breakdown.

• Paid Members
On 7/24/2020 at 9:29 AM, BomberPat said:

he was clearly blagging it anyway. There is absolutely no way that the first three objects to remember on a cognitive test were "Person", "Woman" and "Man". 

If there's a woman somewhere behind the camera, I'm convinced he was naming the things around him.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

If there's a woman somewhere behind the camera, I'm convinced he was naming the things around him.

• Awards Moderator

Looks like he’s starting calling for the election to be delayed. Nobody should be surprised at that, but I can’t imagine it having positive consequences whatever the result. If he gets what he wants, he’s never leaving. If Congress block it, he’s got more ammunition to claim shenanigans and he’s never leaving. Putting this out here helps him win even if he doesn’t win, I fear.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Looks like he’s starting calling for the election to be delayed. Nobody should be surprised at that, but I can’t imagine it having positive consequences whatever the result. If he gets what he wants, he’s never leaving. If Congress block it, he’s got more ammunition to claim shenanigans and he’s never leaving. Putting this out here helps him win even if he doesn’t win, I fear.

This might be of interest https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/27/trump-loses-election-what-happens-possibilities

Seems like a slim chance it could happen, but given how this year has unfolded so far, who the fuck knows?

• Paid Members

I've been saying from the start that if he loses, and it is a big if, there is no way he goes quietly. Expect claims of electoral fraud and a refusal to accept vote counts. There will be lawsuits against vote counts in states he will expect to win should he lose. 

If he wins you can then expect his second term to include a lawsuit appealing the part of the 25th Amendment that says a president can only stand for 2 terms. 

It's going to be a shitshow either way. 

New York state's practically keeping a cell free for the moment he leaves the White House, so there's nothing he won't do to try and stay there.

Just now, courageous said:

Toss up on which thread this belongs in but Herman Cain has died from Covid... anyone wanna guess the gist of his previous tweets about wearing face masks??

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/30/herman-cain-former-republican-presidential-candidate-dies-coronavirus

What makes his previous tweets sicker is that some are being done by whoever runs his account while he was in the hospital and dying.