It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

I remember Herman Cain's presidential run for the 2012 election was pretty much a car crash, to the point that some people wondered if it had been performance art. Looking back, it's almost quaint. What a whopping great bellend. 

Edited by gmoney

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Trump playing another blinder in this interview with Axois that aired on HBO overnight.

It’s up there with meltdown that he had after the Mid-Terms and there are points where you’d be forgiven for thinking that it’s a comedy sketch

When I saw the clip on Twitter, I genuinely thought it was a bit from The Daily Show or something and they'd green screened the presenter.

Unreal.

• 2 weeks later...

And if that's the case then it'll be thanks to his fellow reporters in the room not taking it in turns to repeat the question. Trump wouldn't have the balls to revoke all their press passes, but they don't have the balls to call his bluff.

He'd just storm off if that happened. They should do it of course but we all know how he will react and it won't make much if any difference to his base.

He's already resorting to the "greatest hits" now that Harris has been picked as Biden's running mate.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/13/donald-trump-kamala-harris-birtherism-obama-racism

To be honest Biden keeping a low profile has been a strong move.

The fact his base won't be moved is no reason to not hold him to account. If he's going to react like a petulant child then make him do so, for all to see - including those eligible voters on the margins who, unbelievably, still aren't committed one way or the other. It can take relatively few well-placed votes within some regions to swing a state from red to blue.

And regardless of that, it's the job of a free press to uphold its purpose and not allow any politician to undermine it, whatever the electoral outcome. Normalising this behaviour helps no one but Trump and every wannabe dictator to come.