Jump to content

It's today then ... (Trump thread)


mikehoncho

Recommended Posts

Posted

I think he's implying that nearly 1 million people tried to buy tickets - which is still utter bollocks in itself!

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

I wouldn't mind reading that, but I'd rather find a way to get it via nefarious means. Don't want to give that cunt my money.

Posted

I don't know what the legal precedent is for things like this, but, based on what I've read in a couple of articles, the majority appears to be "this guy said this to me...", or "I heard this guy say this..." Surely this needs to be provided with some kind of evidence? I've no doubt some of his allegations are true, and all of them are extremely plausible based on Trump's public persona and other rumours and stories. When he was first elected, I assumed that Trump was purely a figurehead for a wider Republican leadership, who I thought (hoped?) would be the real ones pulling the strings and reining him in. Since then, though, it's become quite clear that either Trump really is calling the shots and everyone either can't or won't step in, or what he's doing is fully endorsed by the Republican party. In both scenarios, I can't see anyone of importance coming forward to corroborate anything in this book, so it'll be another short-term headline to get us discussing Trump and wringing our hands, and possibly to deflect attention from the major issues currently affecting the US.

Now, if Mitch fucking McConnell turns round and publicly blasts Trump, that'd be interesting.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Was chatting with a friend recently who mentioned something about Trump that I didn't know and would explain a lot: his probable links with organised crime.

Obviously a big part of why he's been able to stay or keep getting rich despite being thick as mince and losing several life's fortunes is because he started off as a rich, middle-class, WASP, straight, cis male - like BJ, he's of the demographic that Western society was built to cater for. He's playing life on the easiest setting possible.

But apparently he and his father have long-established, historic connections with cement companies, which, in the US, have been notorious for being run by organised crime, especially in New York. From what I understand, Trump was the only builder in the 1980s, when the cement company crime problem was at its height, who was commissioning buildings composed predominantly of cement/concrete - pretty much everyone else was using every other material going, and keeping cement to its absolute minimum possible.

It's not to imply he's a gangster - more that he's a small-time patsy who very likely benefited from organised crime largesse and patronage. And now he's in the White House.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Was chatting with a friend recently who mentioned something about Trump that I didn't know and would explain a lot: his probable links with organised crime.

Obviously a big part of why he's been able to stay or keep getting rich despite being thick as mince and losing several life's fortunes is because he started off as a rich, middle-class, WASP, straight, cis male - like BJ, he's of the demographic that Western society was built to cater for. He's playing life on the easiest setting possible.

But apparently he and his father have long-established, historic connections with cement companies, which, in the US, have been notorious for being run by organised crime, especially in New York. From what I understand, Trump was the only builder in the 1980s, when the cement company crime problem was at its height, who was commissioning buildings composed predominantly of cement/concrete - pretty much everyone else was using every other material going, and keeping cement to its absolute minimum possible.

It's not to imply he's a gangster - more that he's a small-time patsy who very likely benefited from organised crime largesse and patronage. And now he's in the White House.

On a similar note, this article from Popbitch is about Trump's connections with American Media, which involves a whole load of organised crime stuff. it's a superb long-read. The subsequent articles are behind a paywall, but each part is like 25p, so it's well worth it.

https://popbitch.com/2017/10/i-the-tabloid-triangle/

  • Paid Members
Posted

The problem with it is he can now say he had a million people wanting to come, but also spin it as him trying to suggest they were staying safe from the virus, which you absolutely know would be the line if that was to happen over here. Its a win win, although didn't he say that he's asked for testing to be slowed down so it doesn't look like they have as many cases over there? 

  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

the brain visibly whirring away as he tries to think of two distinct things and comes up with "person" and "woman".

  • Paid Members
Posted
34 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

It's amazing how low the bar is that I was genuinely surprised when he got it right every time.

The fact he struggled every single time was pretty shocking. "Person, Woman....Man.......Camera TV."

  • Paid Members
Posted

he was clearly blagging it anyway. There is absolutely no way that the first three objects to remember on a cognitive test were "Person", "Woman" and "Man". 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Apparently this is the type of thing the test entails. 

 

evaluation-assessment-geriatrics-cognitive-diagnosis-original.jpeg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...