It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

I thought it was commonly known that when large scale protests break out the government send rioters in to try and discredit the protest? It happened with Hong Kong and it's clearly happening here. 

I think one of the most frustrating things about it is that this always seems to happen in America, where the police are armed. A bystander isn't going to pull a cop's knee off a neck because chances are they'll be shot dead in the street. If it happened here, you can almost guarantee at least one of the bystanders would have intervened. I honestly don't like police at all, I don't trust them and I think most of them are in it to feel big rather than uphold the law, but fuck living in a country where they just choke you to death or shoot you in the street for nothing.

At one point I wouldn't have condoned the violence at all, but there's only so many innocent people can be killed before you think, you know what, just have at them, fuck em; and that's not a healthy mindset to have at all but it's just so frustrating and I feel like if there isn't a massive violent protest against the police force then this will just keep happening over and over. 

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bunk knows the score. 

That idiot has had no military training at all.  You can tell because he’s got his fucking finger on the trigger whilst talking to the cops.  That’s hugely dangerous and one of the first things you are taught apparently.  Finger off the trigger at all times until you are about to fire.

On the looting thing, if you're told by the system that if you work hard you can have things (and that those things will lead to you being happy), but then the system is clearly against you (as demonstrated by yet another policeman killing yet another black man), then taking what you were promised, what you've worked for, what you'll probably never get, is both a protest against the system and a result of the system. 

Of course it's mainly just shit for the victims of looting but again, that's a result of the system. 

5 hours ago, Loki said:

That idiot has had no military training at all.  You can tell because he’s got his fucking finger on the trigger whilst talking to the cops.  That’s hugely dangerous and one of the first things you are taught apparently.  Finger off the trigger at all times until you are about to fire.

I know I am being "that guy", but his fingers are not near the trigger, the trigger is higher above his thumb as you see the weapon hanging on the harness.

The guy has been identified as SF with a serving military wife who had her vehicle damaged earlier by some elements in the protest.

15 hours ago, King Coconut said:

The looting is surely just a symptom of massive frustration. The whole system is allowed to kill you if it wants and you have no recourse, so fuck the system dry up the bum. Right up the bum.

Not sure that's of much consolation to the business owner who's the victim of the looting. Times are tough enough as it is for people with the lockdown crushing livelihoods and businesses, I'm not sure I can have much by way of sympathy for people who take out their frustrations on their fellow citizens.

The protesting I can understand. The looting? That's just opportunism, regardless of how we want to try and frame it.