It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

The whole episode saddens and angers me. To see all sides whipped up by complicit media, creating an ever increasing escalation in tensions Us vs the Police, Black vs White, White vs 'Anyone'  and so forth and so on is getting out of hand.

In days gone by those stoking the fires would have been named as Agent Provocateurs, deliberately trying to cause outrage and  and provoking reaction. These days because of gaslighting and conditioning, we have a populous in the states and wider afield unable to tell the difference and 'must, must' get involved.

Even if it's a white middle class person in the UK lazily sharing a meme, or similar to show solidarity on social media. They have no idea about race divisions, they have no idea about what it is like to be a different colour. Fuck it, I dont! However trying to show  solidarity, when they couldnt be fucked around Windrush and a myriad of other things and whilst still being racist towards other ethnicities, especially those of Asian, Gypsy and Muslim descent shows up the whole hypocrisy of the thing.

I hate, absolutely, that society has got here. I hate absolutely that people are still killed because of the colour of their skin. I hate absolutely that fuckwits who cant see past the end of their noses, will join in create panic hysteria and the general populous will fall for it hook, line and sinker because they saw it on Twitter.   I hate that that people will look for any excuse to be right on whilst not lifting a finger to do anything about it, and if they do, it's to look good rather than actually give a shite about the issue people of colour face long term.

It's beyond frustrating to see others hijack and palimpsest everything from  Pride  through to the lass who died in Canada ( her mum said she was pushed on instagram and of course all hell broke loose, whether it's true or not didnt really matter, people have already used it to stir up further division irrespective) to try and legitimise  mass hate.and create even more.

I know the Pandemic and Trump being an utter bellend as well as a long since fucked up melting pot of America have caused this as well, however when a country cant riot over hundreds of kids, or gay people being slain in  repeat shootings, but riots over colour, literally playing into the white supremacists hands ( we need to carry guns, we should be afraid of people of colour because look at what they can do)  you have to ask yourself, what's the fucking point any more?

I hope the family of George Floyd manage to get peace and all the help they require to over come the completely and utterly senseless death. Everyone else needs their collective heads banging together or at least take a step back and realise they are doing the work of those that hate them for them, played like a fiddle and waiting for Trump and his collective fascists to ride in whiteknighting America and ultimately causing even more issues in the future 

@Astro Hollywood At least use the entire sentence.

1 hour ago, Rey_Piste said:

With any sort of protesting, there has been massive overreacting from both sides.

As I mentioned there has been police pepper spraying unarmed civilians sitting with their arms linked in Chicago. As well as obvious violence and looting from people, just as an excuse. Both sides have done damage and attacked people with unprovoked violence.

Unprovoked?

I really don't have the energy to fuck about with some wrestling forum cunts on protest repectability.

Literally seconds after logging in to twitter this is what I see, I don't even have to scroll down to see more.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I really don't get how anyone can look at this situation and 'both sides' it. Especially during a time where there's an openly white-supremacist president of the US.

With regards to the looting side, I'm beginning to think that looting should carry a lower sentence (whereas, at least in the UK, it resulted in a higher one). I think there certainly is a connection to the situation as well - we live in an unequal capitalist society, and its one which often endorses inequality and works to actively keep it. As a result, when you're protesting, one of the things you're protesting is inequality, so I can understand the idea that addressing it forcefully is a form of protest. Especially when you add in heightened passions.

I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying that I can understand it more, especially when it's aimed towards large multinational chains. And while I get how scary it is (I live in an area hit hard by looting in 2011), I think it needs to be recognised and understood as a potential part of protest.

I also genuinely wonder whether there's a better word for it. 'Looting' has the same kind of issues around is as 'thugs' when it's said by people like Trump.

• Paid Members

Unfortunately the looters, like the ones doing the rounds this morning trying to kick their way into Gucci, do give people the out to be outraged and allow focus to be taken off the just cause and protest. Gives people on the right the opportunity to pretend they're not racist, capitalist cunts and tut at some low lives. You'd think they're more annoyed by them than the police brutality and racism.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Chris B said:

With regards to the looting side, I'm beginning to think that looting should carry a lower sentence (whereas, at least in the UK, it resulted in a higher one).

Is that an outstanding element of, for want of a better phrase, a frontier law type rule and mentality? Looting bomb sites in the 40's was considered a death penalty offence I believe and things of that nature generally seem to be feared as significant line in general civil order of the masses by lawmakers. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Is that an outstanding element of, for want of a better phrase, a frontier law type rule and mentality? Looting bomb sites in the 40's was considered a death penalty offence I believe and things of that nature generally seem to be feared as significant line in general civil order of the masses by lawmakers. 

I mean, it's scary when you're near it - I remember going into my local area when looting had been widespread. It definitely feels like a violation of societal agreements, which makes it hit home pretty hard. But that's focusing on how people feel about it rather than about what's happening, or why it's happening. if it was *just* happening because of a desire for new trainers or a TV, I'd be more against it. But while some of it is opportunistic, I'm beginning more and more to believe that a lot of it is about protest. The heightened passions are part of it, and I can understand them pushing against consumerism and capitalism.

Separation between protesting and looting needs to be absolutely clear though. Demanding justice does not involve raiding Gucci for lots to post on Gumtree. However, it is a sign of legitimate problem, which is again why any violence, either in approach or response, is useless, misdirecting (?) and clouds the real issue. Unfortunately, in other victory for the media narrative of the past few years, as demonstrated by the UK media's treatment of Jeremy Corbyn, conversation with dissenters, rebels, or revolutionaries is deemed to be 'sympathising with terrorists', as if 'terror' is some kind of cult or purpose rather than an outlet of human desperation.

Voices, not gunshots, need to be heard, but they're being drowned.

17 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Separation between protesting and looting needs to be absolutely clear though.

Can only speak on what I've seen but everything I've watched has been black protesters pleading and begging with predominantly white people to stop looting, smashing etc, as it has fuck all to do with what they're peacefully protesting about.

I don't want to get tin hat, but seen plenty of videos of random piles of bricks just in the middle of the streets where no construction is going on, almost as if they'd been planted.