It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

18 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The impeachment is irrelevant. He has a cult following. 100,000 dead, the whole country is burning and he still has a 42% approval.

That’s what I meant. I wouldn’t say it’s irrelevant as if anything it strengthened their resolve. 

Trump just tweeted that he’s designating “ANTIFA” as a terrorist organisation.  So he’s backing the fascists in what looks increasingly likely to break down into civil war.

Rapidly approaching the point of no return.

• Paid Members

If opposing fascism makes somebody a terrorist, then the world now has a hell of a lot more terrorists in it than it did this morning. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If opposing fascism makes somebody a terrorist, then the world now has a hell of a lot more terrorists in it than it did this morning. 

A terrorist uses violent means or the express threat of violence against non political targets to further a political aim, it doesn’t necessarily have to be for or against a specific ideology does it?

I was always under the impression one contributing reason why some bombings or shootings are attributed terrorists and others are to rebels or freedom fighters is the the side of the fence the person reporting it is in relation to the act and the target of it. 

Generally speaking people are tolerant of terrorism against a fascist state and apposed to in favour of a fascist cause is because most people acknowledge that a fascist state is a bad thing, support rebellion against it and appose a fight for installing it, but it can still be an act of terrorism. It is, however, a word loaded these days to conjure up a specific image or perception.

That said just apposing a political ideal isn't the act of a terrorist, acts or threats of violence to express or implement that opposition can. 

Edited by Tommy!

I’ve seen videos and shit that bring me to a question.

Protest, fine, I understand that. But can someone explain to me what banks, target, Mercedes, capital one have to do with black lives matter

Edited by Mattt

1 minute ago, Mattt said:

I’ve seen videos and shit that bring me to a question.

Protest, fine, I understand that. But can someone explain to me what banks, target, Mercedes, capital one have to do with black lives matter

Nevermind that, I feeling for the guy who makes the Cheesecakes

I don’t normally watch Good Morning Britain, there was a debate on there about what’s happening in America. There was some white fella from America advocating Trump using the ‘looting and shooting’ quote. A black guy from London was saying how it was making it worse, the white guy in America used the ‘people like you’ clearly referencing his race. It’s a fucking state out there. Absolute arseholes. 

Also saw something on Twitter that made me chuckle - ‘Rulers that hide in bunkers - Hitler and Trump’

This is the problem with the news reporting WHAT is happening right now instead of WHY it's happening right now. The looters are a symptom; the reason is racial tensions stoked by a societal system of inequality. That Elmo idiot in front of a burning bin, a pathetic bid at 5 minutes of online celebrity, will get more views than Killer Mike, and the street activist posted previously decrying how decades later rioting and anger AREN'T WORKING and begging the teenage kid's generation to find a better way. A cop with a history of violence murders an unarmed black man, but that's already been shoved aside by arguments over 'whatever's to be done about these pesky black rioters'. Murder versus Rumbelow's front windows.

With any sort of protesting, there has been massive overreacting from both sides. It always seems to start off the same way. There will be peaceful protests until either the police get nasty and start beating/pepper spraying people. Or people go to the protests with the intent to start violence. Quite often it is a combination of both factors that cause it to kick off. 

I have seen videos from over the weekend of someone wearing a MAGA hat getting gang stomped. As well as some idiot with a compound bow shouting about how the protesters are un-American. Only for him to shoot someone in the leg and getting ganged up on just after he loosed his arrow. 

So many things are getting shown to the public because of camera phones and the internet. It seems like America has gotten worse with its institutionalised violence and racism. It hasn't, it is just being shown to the general population far easier due to technology. The Rodney King beating was almost 30 years ago and that only came out because of one person with a camera on a balcony.

Now everyone can document whatever they want. Imagine if the JFK assassination happened today and how many angles we would have of it from all the people in attendance. Unfortunately there would be 2 different political groups using the same footage edited to make their point.