It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Is there anyone outside of the base that don't see him as a complete disaster now? Anyone who doesn't see it at this stage probably never will.

There are still people only now turning against him because of mishandling the pandemic, or because of sabotaging the postal service. Each new thing is a tipping point for somebody, no matter what they supported or turned a blind eye to before.

The important thing is to keep resisting every step of the way. No one should roll over and accept fascism just because other people have. One day it'll be too late to disrupt and deter the machine, but as bad as things already are in the States, they haven't yet reached the point of no return. Even if there was no one else who could be persuaded to vote against Trump, it would still be worth making his life as difficult as possible for as long as possible.

Things are heating up nicely with less than 11 weeks until the Election and both sides already taking digs at the other on a daily basis.

I'm really looking forward to the debates between now and then where Trump & Biden will go face-to-face three times and Mike Pence vs Kamala Harris should be a lot of fun too.

Tuesday 29th September

Trump vs Biden Debate #1 in Cleveland

(Trump won the Ohio vote in 2016 with 52%)

Wednesday 7th October

Pence vs Harris Debate in Salt Lake City

(Trump won the Utah vote in 2016 with 45%)

Thursday 15th October

Trump vs Biden Debate #2 in Miami

(Trump won the Florida vote in 2016 with 49%)

Thursday 22nd October

Trump vs Biden Debate #3 in Nashville

(Trump easily won the Tennessee vote in 2016 with 61%)

The election itself is 75 days from today on Tuesday 3rd November.

• Moderators

Oh you don't have to convince me.. I have no interest in watching them debate. I'm just saying the reason it will be shit tv is not because they're inconsequential.

I don't think she's going to be that great a debater, and even if she is Pence is way too composed to slip up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

I just find it weird that people choose to vote for someone to run their country who is statistically at the very end of their life. 

It's a country whose population were convinced that a New York millionaire who frequently flaunts his wealth on TV is "one of them" and "outside the establishment". Prior to that, they were convinced that a rich, stupid Texan from a political dynasty was "folksy and homespun".