It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Here's what's happening. Called well before:

Ā 

After watching that I'm more confident Biden will win by a decent margin, providing Bernie was right about more postal voters being democrats than republicans.

It does make sense based on Trump supporters being out and about with no fear of COVIDĀ compared to Biden supporters being conscious of social distancing and stuff. I hope.

6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Trump now out to 3/1. Presumably as a reaction to Trump now only having a 0.5% lead (27k votes) in Michigan.

Wisconsin and Michigan would give Biden 264 meaning Nevada would make the 270 if he holds on there. He's not out of it in Georgia or North Carolina so this could still be decided today.

Wisconsin and Nevada he only has a lead of about 8,000 so they are no guarantees.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I had to laugh at Navada(I think it is them, anyway) deciding they'd had enough of counting for one day, and clocked off for the day. It's only the most important elections America have had for many a year, with an incumbent president that is known for being a rash hothead and has already spouted off about going to the courts to stop votes being counted, and with a country that is decided and has threats of riots and violence all across the nation, but you guys go home and fuck it off for a bit.Ā 

Nah, I think that's fair enough. Home time is home time.

4 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Im not a political person but is it strange to anybody else the fucking president wants votes to stop being counted?Ā 

Any other president, yes. For Donald Trump, it was Tuesday.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Im not a political person but is it strange to anybody else the fucking president wants votes to stop being counted?Ā 

Not really. He knows he's done far better in votes in person than postal votes so he was always planning to declare a victory before the postal votes could be counted. Plus, he's a dodgy bastard, we all know that too.

Am I the only one who's woken up this morning shocked that we haven't gotten the landslide-esque victory for Biden?

I mean, considering everything Trump has done over the past four years? What does he need to do in order to actually fucking lose decisively? I said previously that I didn't think this was the end of the shitstorm, and this has just confirmed that for me.

Holy fuck.Ā 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, David said:

Am I the only one who's woken up this morning shocked that we haven't gotten the landslide-esque victory for Biden?

I mean, considering everything Trump has done over the past four years? What does he need to do in order to actually fucking lose decisively? I said previously that I didn't think this was the end of the shitstorm, and this has just confirmed that for me.

Holy fuck.Ā 

America and American society has a lot of incredibly deep problems and Trump is the reaction to that. The problems have not gone away the last 4 years (and even more have arose) so I don't think you ever should have thought he would lose in a landslide.Ā 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, David said:

Holy fuck.Ā 

I expected it to be closer than people were predicting. The combination of Trump's almost cult like following(and the "shy" Republican effect), and the fact it's almost guaranteed that Biden will not serve a full term(and the "senior" moments that have been reported recently)Ā told me that lots of voters would be nervous to go all in on Biden.Ā 

I'm very surprised that Trump's popularity with certain minorities has increased though, especially with the black voters in light of the BLM protests and Trump declaring Antifa should be classified as a terrorist group.Ā 

10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

America and American society has a lot of incredibly deep problems and Trump is the reaction to that. The problems have not gone away the last 4 years (and even more have arose) so I don't think you ever should have thought he would lose in a landslide.Ā 

I dunno, maybe it was just me. I could kind of understand the upset victory over Clinton as she came with a lot of political baggage, but I perhaps naively believed that Biden could be the guy to cross the divide. Long-time politician, seemingly respected by most, former vice-president, and someone who, despite his advanced years, knows the score politically.Ā 

A steady hand to bridge the gap, so to speak. Like a big English football club that's floundering bringing in someone like Mick McCarthy to see them through to the end of the season. Never a long term choice, but someone who is widely respected, can do a job, and who's far better than the stroppy arsehole who somehow got the job before.

I also figured that Trump winning four years ago was a novelty. No one knew what he'd actually do, but figured once the US got four years of his shenanigans they'd have smartened up and figured that a real politician is needed for the job.

Seemingly not. And that's fucking disturbing.Ā 

• Paid Members
Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

Wait, what? Why is it guaranteed he won't serve a full term? He's ruled out a second term but is there any reason to think he wouldn't make it through a first one?

Edit: @Cod Eye

Thinking about it, I'm not sure where I heard/read it. I've seen somewhere though that it was expected that Kamala Harris would take over from him at some point in the term should he win.Ā 

I'm second guessing myself now though, so if that was just idle chit chat that I had taken as gospel, then please accept my apologies. I'd hate to be someone who is spreadingĀ false info...