Paid Members John Matrix Posted November 3, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 3, 2020 3 hours ago, stewdogg said: Just got sent this on WhatsApp. Maybe Donald can help out with future cup draws? As a Peterborian, that’s quite the fucking thumbnail! On par with this...
Paid Members garynysmon Posted November 3, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 3, 2020 1 hour ago, Fog Dude said: The closest system is, understandably, Ireland. You have constituencies – albeit multi-member ones – of a similar size, candidates in rosettes and a returning officer on stage announcing a legally binding result as soon as possible. But even there, the preferential nature of the count means it can take a few days for all the seats to be filled. I'm a total election geek and one of the best parts of my job is covering various counts, but those Irish general elections aren't half a slog to get through. For drama I'll happily stick to first past the post tbh. Bit off topic but this made me laugh earlier:
Paid Members Chris B Posted November 3, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 3, 2020 Absolutely fascinating thread about a voting trend in the south.
courageous Posted November 3, 2020 Posted November 3, 2020 Breakdown of what sort of time the picture should become clear in the various states https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-results-timing/ Georgia, N Carolina, Ohio & Florida should hopefully start coming through quickly that's 78 votes total, and all toss up states
Paid Members JNLister Posted November 3, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 3, 2020 North Carolina will be 45 minutes later than scheduled (results starts 1.15 our time) as there was a problem with one area and the close of polls is delayed. I think they are going to start counting in most places in the state at the normal time but not release any results till that last area has finished voting. So potentially there'll be a clear picture there very quickly. One thing I forgot to mention to pay little attention to is reports (before the polls close) of what percentage of people who've voted in an area are registered with which party. It's very hard to draw real conclusions from that because you don't know how the independents break down or indeed how many people registered with one party (which they may have done many years ago) vote for the opposition.
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted November 4, 2020 Moderators Posted November 4, 2020 1 minute ago, Liam O'Rourke said: This is such nervous viewing. My God. I'm fucking dying of anxiety. Can't tell if I feel sick because of stress or because I'm scoffing kitkats, pork pies and wotsits (through stress).
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted November 4, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2020 4 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said: I'm fucking dying of anxiety. Can't tell if I feel sick because of stress or because I'm scoffing kitkats, pork pies and wotsits (through stress). In that order?
Paid Members Chris B Posted November 4, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2020 6 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said: I'm fucking dying of anxiety. Can't tell if I feel sick because of stress or because I'm scoffing kitkats, pork pies and wotsits (through stress). When did Ralphy log into your account?
courageous Posted November 4, 2020 Posted November 4, 2020 Bloody Cuban pensioners screwing up Florida again - stupid pricks swallowing that anyone to the left of Ghengis Khan is a communist
Members SuperBacon Posted November 4, 2020 Members Posted November 4, 2020 56 minutes ago, courageous said: Bloody Cuban pensioners screwing up Florida again - stupid pricks swallowing that anyone to the left of Ghengis Khan is a communist Not surprising though is it, when the majority fled Castro. Not sure why people are shocked. 1 hour ago, Astro Hollywood said: I'm fucking dying of anxiety. Can't tell if I feel sick because of stress or because I'm scoffing kitkats, pork pies and wotsits (through stress). I've had a pizza, a pasty, 2x big bags of Doritos, 4x coffees, a beer, a Coke, fags, and am now onto the big bag of skittles and big bars of chocolate. And eyeing up a pot noodle. Edit: Finished the skittles and the pot noodle has gone on in celebration of Ohio.
Moderators neil Posted November 4, 2020 Moderators Posted November 4, 2020 I feel sick to my stomach right now
courageous Posted November 4, 2020 Posted November 4, 2020 Trump increases his vote share in every demographic except white men - what the fuck is going on?
stewdogg Posted November 4, 2020 Posted November 4, 2020 Will need a miracle now for Joe. Looking at the exit poll on the BBC so many states are red. I know some of the blue hold more electoral college votes but I can’t see anything other than 4 more years of Donald. Since I’ve woken up Donald has absolutely roped in the early Biden lead.
Paid Members Chris B Posted November 4, 2020 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2020 7 minutes ago, stewdogg said: Will need a miracle now for Joe. Looking at the exit poll on the BBC so many states are red. I know some of the blue hold more electoral college votes but I can’t see anything other than 4 more years of Donald. Since I’ve woken up Donald has absolutely roped in the early Biden lead. That's pessimistic. There's an unusual level of absentee ballots and post-in votes, and we don't know what that means. Remember how everyone was talking about 'Trump will try to declare victory when he's marginally ahead'? This is that time. And it relies on the way these things go - it takes time to find out. This isn't at miracle level. It's not looking good, but it's not doom and gloom either.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.