Jump to content

It's today then ... (Trump thread)


mikehoncho

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

Nobody who supports him cares if he lies, same deal as over here. Those who are genuinely surprised by this are those who are still looking at politics though an 'old' lense. It's all about upsetting 'the other side'. They’ve recognised many people's priority is upsetting folk they disagree with rather than improving their own situation. This approach will always be more popular as there'll always be more people to hate than people you care about. 

How many times have you seen someone say 'As long as it pisses off X then that's a good thing'. Spite is a great motivator.

Posted

When they rushed through that new judge the other week to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I remember reading that this could be a factor in the election result.

 

Now that Trump has announced he’s going to the Supreme Court, am I right in thinking this is connected?

If so, could somebody in the know explain that please?

Posted
7 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

What's the deal then? Is it likely Trump is going to win now? Or even if he loses he is going to take this to court? 

I think both sides are willing to take this to court. Trump is being more open about it, sadly there seems to be lots of people lapping it up

  • Paid Members
Posted

Didn't Trump pull this kind of stuff in the last election even though he was ahead. The whole situation is a mess.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think Trump will win and this is the back-up plan. Would love to be wrong but those are huge leads he has in those mid-west states. In many ways, he was right earlier.

Posted

I'm getting no work done today.

Pennsylvania is the biggest seat that can determine this election. More voters turned out for Biden than either candidate in 2016 but Trump has more votes than he did last time. I know we shouldn't throw stones at glass houses but what the fuck is wrong with people?

We're doomed.

Posted

Anyone who ruled out Trump this time round is a maniac. Its clear the high levels of anger in the US and they flat out ignored anything offensive or unpresidential Trump does..  Biden massively misjudged the Latin American vote, many are conservative catholics. I called it weeks ago and feel Trump has it. I deeply hope I'm wrong. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

I'm getting no work done today.

Pennsylvania is the biggest seat that can determine this election. More voters turned out for Biden than either candidate in 2016 but Trump has more votes than he did last time. I know we shouldn't throw stones at glass houses but what the fuck is wrong with people?

We're doomed.

Yep.. The nhs will be sold off to trump in the next decade. 

  • Members
Posted

Hoping they 'Weekend at Bernies' him.

4 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Biden massively misjudged the Latin American vote, many are conservative catholics.

He massively misjudged it by not understanding that the 'Latin' vote encompasses a number of different demographics, not just one lump sum of people.

Think Biden will still win but this is just a pathetic effort.

Posted

Stunning performance from Trump in this election. The fucker really does know how to motivate a base to get out and vote. I didn't see it this time myself like 2016,

That said, the midwest IS still to play for given the sheer number of mail in ballots. But It wouldn't shock me if Trump wins 1 or 2. A Trump landslide. Wow.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Stunning performance from Trump in this election. The fucker really does know how to motivate a base to get out and vote. I didn't see it this time myself like 2016,

That said, the midwest IS still to play for given the sheer number of mail in ballots. But It wouldn't shock me if Trump wins 1 or 2. A Trump landslide. Wow.

 

Biden's just taken the lead in WI for the first time, thanks to the early postal votes. Fingers crossed the other carry on this trend...

Posted
4 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Biden's just taken the lead in WI for the first time, thanks to the early postal votes. Fingers crossed the other carry on this trend...

I hope so too!

Mad times. I don't think I have been gripped to anything as much as I am to CNN. Fantastic coverage all through

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...