It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

I don't get what legal right they have to attempt to stop the remaining counts. Those states that allow late absentee voting were given the legal go-ahead before the election, weren't they? Both sides had the same rules and the Trump voters could postal vote too if they wanted.

If he succeeds in getting the counts stopped, wouldn't that basically mean that the US is no longer a democracy and make Trump tantamount to a dictator? Hopefully common sense wins and it doesn't come to that, but if it did it would become a very rocky time for world politics...

It smells fishy. Those states that only start counting postal votes on the day are republicans as far as I’m aware. They decided to start counting the postal votes on the day, knowing full well that the face to face will be counted and reported first. They also know that the postal will be mainly democratic votes. Did Trump set this up over the last few years with this as an inevitable end game? Seems like an absolute stitch up. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

It smells fishy. Those states that only start counting postal votes on the day are republicans as far as I’m aware. They decided to start counting the postal votes on the day, knowing full well that the face to face will be counted and reported first. They also know that the postal will be mainly democratic votes. Did Trump set this up over the last few years with this as an inevitable end game? Seems like an absolute stitch up. 

Yes, seems likely that he instigated the coronavirus to beef up the mail in votes for this very outcome. Fucking hell, have a word with yourself.

35 minutes ago, David said:

I've seen people on Twitter mentioning that they've effectively "sold" their vote, accepting cash to vote a certain way. Or even instances of people claiming they have been bullied or coerced into voting a certain way

For a minute I was worried, but seeing it on Twitter...must be ok.

In all seriousness though, going down the route of "voter fraud!" is proper tinfoil hat shit. I'd love to see some concrete evidence.

Not suggesting you believe that at all, in fact I'm pretty certain you don't, but there is being healthily cynical and just ridiculous. 

What's the alternative?

1 minute ago, gmoney said:

Yes, seems likely that he instigated the coronavirus to beef up the mail in votes for this very outcome. Fucking hell, have a word with yourself.

No need for the swearing is there? 

Maybe not an end game but it’s Republican states that have made these rules. Other states, admittedly some republicans started counting before the election, this means that there isn’t this confusion with missing votes or ballots appearing out of nowhere as he is claiming. The reason he is claiming this is because his lawmakers have made rules that are allowing him to claim that these ballots are fraudulent and appearing from nowhere. These people don’t think about what’s happening how they’ll have had plans for years to try to undermine the postal vote, yes there are more postal votes cause of Corona but my point is that they have always had this plan to say it’s fraudulent. They’ll know that republicans turn up in person and democrats will be using the post. If you’re a believer in Trump then it’s quite sensible to question why his 700,000 vote lead is wiped out by votes counted after Election Day. 

• Paid Members

Biden has taken Michigan. Now needs Arizona and Nevada for the 270. 

Could smash that if he takes Pennsylvania though Eric Trump has just tweeted claiming they've won PA. That's not confirmed.  

You'd think Biden has this now but that slender lead in Nevada  leaves a few nerves. 

• Paid Members

The fact that the Republicans are throwing around accusations left right and centre suggests they have long reached desperation stage and know that the game's up.

Even Fox News seems to have given up, declaring states for Biden ahead of CNN and defying Trump demands for Arizona to go back into the grey column.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

You'd think Biden has this now but that slender lead in Nevada  leaves a few nerves. 

Nah, only major county set to declare is Clark County, which contains Vegas and its suburbs. The majority will almost certainly grow.

(I say 'declare' like they're all stood in a grotty leisure centre with the returning officer ready on the stage)

Edited by garynysmon

• Moderators

Funny that the GOP is silent on Arizona, which itself has more mail-in ballots to count. Why would they ignore Arizona? Oh its because their mail-in ballots left to count are distributed evenly across the state and as don't lean heavily towards Biden. GOP is a morally corrupt bunch of hypocrites.

20 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Trump will get the last laugh when he clogs the toilet before he leaves.

What is the pettiest thing he could do before he leaves? I'd sew a fish into a sofa ala Gazza to Ally McCoist, or take all the lightbulbs with me. Nothing too horrible like.