Jump to content
PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, The Dart said:

If he never comes back, it will be one of the strangest main roster runs ever.   Let's pretend you're a kid who doesn't watch NXT and doesn't read any news and rumours online.

His debut is promoted for several weeks with unique video packages, then his name is just included with a group of other new wrestlers as coming soon.   All those other wrestlers arrive, but he doesn't and isn't mentioned anymore.  Until about 10 weeks later when he shows up.  He then doesn't actually have any matches for another 2 months, but makes his debut on a PPV, then a rematch on the next Raw and then disappears and hasn't been seen or mentioned in the year since.

Hereby referred to as ‘Doing A Brakus’. Then again, he didn’t even make it to one PPV.

With the strides and increased awareness of mental health issues that’s been made in recent years, it would be harsh to fire him for having a breakdown, same for getting injured, that’s not exactly his fault. But then again this is wrestling, which doesn’t operate under people from normal civilisation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 3:41 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Hereby referred to as ‘Doing A Brakus’. Then again, he didn’t even make it to one PPV.

Well he did do the Mayhem in Manchester show which is about on par with some of those Saudi shows

Edited by simonworden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, simonworden said:

Well he did do the Mayhem in Manchester show which is about on par with some of those Saudi shows

How dare you compare a part of the world with such a heinous record of human rights offences with the Saudis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pinc said:

How dare you compare a part of the world with such a heinous record of human rights offences with the Saudis.

Thanks, having to explain my laughter howl over this to my wife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching a wwe top 10 on YouTube about miraculous superstar landings and have found my favourite bump ever. Johnny Nitro, Carlito and Shelton Benjamin are in a triple threat and there's a monkey flip spot which nitro just nails perfectly.  It's beautiful. It's number 8 on the link if you want to agree with me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Muhammad Hassan has been 'Benoit'd' on the WWE Network. 

If you search for him his matches are all 'X competes in a singles match' with his name not mentioned and his image in none of the thumbnails. 

What's up with that? They that arsed about an angle from 15 years ago? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Looks like Muhammad Hassan has been 'Benoit'd' on the WWE Network. 

If you search for him his matches are all 'X competes in a singles match' with his name not mentioned and his image in none of the thumbnails. 

What's up with that? They that arsed about an angle from 15 years ago? 

It's the same as everything else now I'd imagine. Companies are trying to preempt any racism scandals by distancing themselves from dodgy content BEFORE people complain about it. The Mohammed episodes of South Park have been pulled offline as well as the (amazing) Advanced Dungeons and Dragons episode of Community from Netflix, but not Amazon Prime.

Hassan was such a horrible character though. Listening to Bruce Prichard talk about it on Something to Wrestle With really hit home how little respect people in wrestling have for the audience. The whole idea was that wrestling fans are all thick racists who would be incensed by American Muslims not wanting to be seen as terrorists. When that didn't get over, they just decided to just strongly imply that he was a terrorist.

He was a good promo as well but the character was just race baiting shite. I'm not surprised that they are Benoiting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Austin unwell during the Mark Henry Broken Skull Session? He looks very red in the face and tired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

It's the same as everything else now I'd imagine. Companies are trying to preempt any racism scandals by distancing themselves from dodgy content BEFORE people complain about it.

The entire careers of Kamala, Saba Simba, Akeem, Head Shrinkers, any foreigner & Virgil will now portrayed by the letter X.

If avoiding potential racism is the reason for them X’ing Hassan, then they are going to have to edit the fuck out of the 80’s & 90’s on the Network. The should trademark the letter X the amount it’ll feature on their programming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

The entire careers of Kamala, Saba Simba, Akeem, Head Shrinkers, any foreigner & Virgil will now portrayed by the letter X.

If avoiding potential racism is the reason for them X’ing Hassan, then they are going to have to edit the fuck out of the 80’s & 90’s on the Network. The should trademark the letter X the amount it’ll feature on their programming.

Yeh, I think they're just aiming to avoid pissing off the Saudis at the moment. They wouldn't mind the Iron Sheik/Col. Mustafa because he was used to mock Iran and Iraq, both enemy nations of Saudi Arabia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

The entire careers of Kamala, Saba Simba, Akeem, Head Shrinkers, any foreigner & Virgil will now portrayed by the letter X.

If avoiding potential racism is the reason for them X’ing Hassan, then they are going to have to edit the fuck out of the 80’s & 90’s on the Network. The should trademark the letter X the amount it’ll feature on their programming.

Haven’t they already got some sort of a ‘Product if it’s Time, does not reflect WWE’s Corporate Views’ disclaimer to pre-empt that kind of thing?

Not that that covers them in any way, they should be called on stupid shit regardless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 2:16 PM, Wideload90 said:

Watching a wwe top 10 on YouTube about miraculous superstar landings and have found my favourite bump ever. Johnny Nitro, Carlito and Shelton Benjamin are in a triple threat and there's a monkey flip spot which nitro just nails perfectly.  It's beautiful. It's number 8 on the link if you want to agree with me.

 

 

This video just reminds me why I’ve gone off wrestling a bit. 10 & 9 should have been match ending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...