Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

The entire careers of Kamala, Saba Simba, Akeem, Head Shrinkers, any foreigner & Virgil will now portrayed by the letter X.

If avoiding potential racism is the reason for them X’ing Hassan, then they are going to have to edit the fuck out of the 80’s & 90’s on the Network. The should trademark the letter X the amount it’ll feature on their programming.

Yeh, I think they're just aiming to avoid pissing off the Saudis at the moment. They wouldn't mind the Iron Sheik/Col. Mustafa because he was used to mock Iran and Iraq, both enemy nations of Saudi Arabia.

48 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

The entire careers of Kamala, Saba Simba, Akeem, Head Shrinkers, any foreigner & Virgil will now portrayed by the letter X.

If avoiding potential racism is the reason for them X’ing Hassan, then they are going to have to edit the fuck out of the 80’s & 90’s on the Network. The should trademark the letter X the amount it’ll feature on their programming.

Haven’t they already got some sort of a ‘Product if it’s Time, does not reflect WWE’s Corporate Views’ disclaimer to pre-empt that kind of thing?

Not that that covers them in any way, they should be called on stupid shit regardless

On 6/30/2020 at 2:16 PM, Wideload90 said:

Watching a wwe top 10 on YouTube about miraculous superstar landings and have found my favourite bump ever. Johnny Nitro, Carlito and Shelton Benjamin are in a triple threat and there's a monkey flip spot which nitro just nails perfectly.  It's beautiful. It's number 8 on the link if you want to agree with me.

This video just reminds me why I’ve gone off wrestling a bit. 10 & 9 should have been match ending. 

• Paid Members

I just put on an episode of Shotgun Saturday night from February 1997. Todd Pettengill opens up, screaming at me like a coked up version of Michael Cole. He spots Paul Bearer off to the side, and Vader half in clothes, half in wrestling gear, is looking in a bin for Mankind, while Bearer is crying out for Old Mick to appear. Mankind then, randomly wanders out of an alleyway across the street, also half in his gear and half in regular clothes. I assume he was taking a piss, or trying to find a spare slice of pizza or something. 

Anyway, Mankind can't wait to get inside because of all the "loud music, the women and the sex". Imagine being in a night club in New York on that night, and those four fuckers walk in, masks on, urn and cock in hand, smelling like they've done a lying week in a dump. No doubt they probably had their bum bags on and MC hammer's moon pants too. 

4 hours ago, Angle_fan said:

How long do we reckon it'll be before Sammy Guevara and Sacha Banks hook up? 

Yeah Sasha Banks who has been happily married for four years now probably can't wait to hook up with the idiot who said he wants to "fucking rape" her.

Insert Clint_looking_disgusted.gif

Does anyone know why Vince didn't go for HHH v Rock at WM16? That whole card was the shits barring the okay ladder match. I'd have had the Austin run in happen at WM w Rock winning it. The whole thing was weird. Alongside 37948162282 tag and multi man matches 

35 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Does anyone know why Vince didn't go for HHH v Rock at WM16? That whole card was the shits barring the okay ladder match. I'd have had the Austin run in happen at WM w Rock winning it. The whole thing was weird. Alongside 37948162282 tag and multi man matches 

I think the logic was "it's Mania so cunts will buy anyway" so they held off the one on one match for Backlash to draw a big number the next month. It worked!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

I think the logic was "it's Mania so cunts will buy anyway" so they held off the one on one match for Backlash to draw a big number the next month. It worked!

Yeah, it was pretty much a Rumble/SummerSlam/Survivor Series level number. You're arguably talking $5-10 million more than a generic Backlash show (presumably new champ Rock defending against Triple H in a gimmick match) would have been expected to do.

9 minutes ago, Project Nim said:

The Commandant and the Truth Commission, haven’t thought about them for years and then this morning I remember the Commandant cutting a promo on raw. Didn’t really work for them did it?

Was never going to get over. An unknown manager and three uncharismatic, unknown, mediocre big guys, with a lame gimmick.

They were clearly the least important group in the whole "gang warfare" of 1997-98 WWF. Los Boricuas and DOA weren't exactly bursting with talent either but were more relevant as they had at least splintered in a way from the original Nation of Domination. Truth Commission were new, but very meh.

• Paid Members

...and now I'm sitting here watching Truth Commission matches from Shotgun on YouTube.

Wonder why they felt the need to put Tank under a mask? Would anyone really have recognized Mantaur without the 'horns' painted on? And would anyone who did have cared?

• Paid Members

Was hunting for an old photo when I found some pictures from 2008, and a trip to watch TNA tapings at Universal.  Look at that match for a freebie, and for anyone curious, what a fresh faced 27 year old Matrix looked like at the Impact Zone.

EDIT:  Ha, I just noticed Sting's tron.  Good old TNA.

image.png.36e3ca518f33df9d13790f6a5f6696bd.png

image.png.024ecc683b20d6945abb9326c31c9d97.png

image.png.d1ec54d8cd8aa68772724f516bcd615b.png

Edited by John Matrix