Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

WWE turning themselves firing people during a pandemic into a heartwarming 'dreams can happen' storyline can get utterly fucked. No matter how much I like Spud. I don't blame anyone that thinks that they faked a firing in the middle of the real ones.

• Paid Members

The thing is that politics has turned into traditional wrestling. Think about it. Right now the heel has the top belt and you need to build up a face to take it off him. The only trouble is that the USA is booked by the WCW booking committee and they think that none of the young guys know how to work, so old heel Trump is going to be challenged by even older face Biden. The Rock is just an up and coming baby face who will have to wait 20 years to smash the glass ceiling. 

Even through all of that nonsense, Hulk Hogan is still a fucking racist. 

• Paid Members

Absolutely The Rock could be president. Imagine the rallies? All he’d have to do is walk up to the podium, pause, and yell, “Finally! The Rock has come back to [insert city name].”

Plus, the podium would have a teleprompter, so he wouldn’t have to write his speeches on his arm and can wear long-sleeved suits.

I actually had a related thought the other day that, when they start doing live events again, WWE would be the perfect vehicle for a wrestling-related presidential candidate. They tour, so they can easily have rallies coincide in whatever city they’re performing in that night. And if they need to comp some tickets, do it at rallies, people love a freebie and would only score you some Brownie points if you want them to vote for you.

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Yea, I can’t imagine the U.S. would ever vote for a black president.

I think it's fair to say the racist element in America might feel emboldened over the last four years

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The thing is that politics has turned into traditional wrestling. Think about it. Right now the heel has the top belt and you need to build up a face to take it off him. The only trouble is that the USA is booked by the WCW booking committee and they think that none of the young guys know how to work, so old heel Trump is going to be challenged by even older face Biden. The Rock is just an up and coming baby face who will have to wait 20 years to smash the glass ceiling. 

An orange-skinned, balding-blond, old racist reality TV star who lies about everything, serially cheats on his partners, has been in and out of bankruptcy, is great friends with Vince McMahon, has appeared at Wrestlemania, clearly wants to fuck his daughter if he hasn't already, who refuses to apologise for being a cunt, and who claims to say his prayers when he obviously doesn't, leading a corrupt gang that never seems to get its comeuppance, despite a regular turnover of members? 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Joking aside, I see no reason The Rock couldn’t be POTUS one day. It isn’t happening in 2024 but give it a decade and who knows?

100%. A household name, as charismatic a human being as they come, and as comfortable as it gets taking into a microphone in front of an arena full of thousands.

Get him on the right ticket and employ a good scriptwriter and he's made.

13 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Mick Foley's promos in January 2000 leaidng up to the Rumble are phenomenal, no wonder the weird kneed scruffy bastard was over like rover. 

I loved Foley at that time, like a lot of people did, going from tagging with Al Snow and hobbling around for most of '99 to being a massive threat to the champ was still incredible though

In a weird way that made Triple H my favourite wrestler that year, he was amazing when Foley took the mask and white shirt off, like Foley said in his second book, if Hunter hadn't reacted the way he did (perfectly) it would've killed Cactus' return 

• Paid Members

Foley was brilliant. Don't think that gets forgotten now he's a dirty old bastard but it shouldn't ever be. He was far more important than Trips ever was to that explosion of the WWF. I bloody loved that run and match with Orton in 2003/04 too. Incredible stuff.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Foley was brilliant. Don't think that gets forgotten now he's a dirty old bastard but it shouldn't ever be. He was far more important than Trips ever was to that explosion of the WWF. I bloody loved that run and match with Orton in 2003/04 too. Incredible stuff.

Plus I still rewatch him beating Rock for his first title, from the moment Billy Gunn jumps in and leathers Shamrock that crowd is just insane 

Having read Bret's book recently, it got me thinking about his WCW run. Its really mad that they didn't do a Hart Foundation V NWO shot given that Davey and Jim both came in as well. I'm assuming they would have added the Canadian guys in there with them like Benoit. Would have had some interesting match-ups and lead to the Hart/Hogan match everyone wanted.

Man WCW was shit at things.