PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

3 hours ago, The Dart said:

That won't be the reason.  They didn't do any other shows for 4 days before it and 9 days after it.

Yeah, that's what I saw, too. 

At the time, Brock was working Benoit on house shows or doing some multi-man tags with Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan against Benoit, Myserio and Cena. He was gearing up for that brief programme with Hardcore Holly, too. 

I'm assuming he saw it was a long, uncomfortable flight and a packed schedule of meet and greets and wrestling and thought 'nah, you're alright' but just find it out that he wasn't there. 

20 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Because dopper can't be arsed linking to it!

Eddie Guerrero wins the WWE title just 2 years after this. Mad.

I wonder if any Indy can match a main event where all 3 guys would later go on and win the WWE title. 

2 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

Eddie Guerrero wins the WWE title just 2 years after this. Mad.

I wonder if any Indy can match a main event where all 3 guys would later go on and win the WWE title. 

I'm sure there is something along the lines of Tyler Black vs Bryan Danielson vs Kevin Steen somewhere but none of them are Eddie Guerrero so automatically it wouldn't match up.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:36 PM, SaitoRyo said:

Watching a WWE Confidential episode on the Network and the main story is the 2003 Christmas in Iraq special. 

Mildly interesting stuff but I'm watching it and wondering why Brock wasn't on the show. He was the WWE Champion at the time and I don't think he was injured, since a glance at cagematch.net shows him working matches around the time of the taping. 

Any idea why he wasn't there? Not arsed with the flight? I know this was when he was getting proper burned out but his future wife made the trip and you'd think that WWE management would want him to make an appearance. 

Also, I dunno if he's ever stated his support publicly that I know but I reckon he's all about the troops (he enlisted in the National Guard when he was 17).

Anyone shed any light? Cheers! 

Utterly off-topic but related (and as posted in the video games thread.) I'm current playing Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain season mode with Lesnar, but making all choices as if it were a shoot (meaning wrestling is a work and Brock is Brock). As well as choosing Sable as a manager, I've had Lesnar refuse to work optional foreign tours, so it's good to discover this is indeed accurate.

5 hours ago, ElCece said:

I'm sure there is something along the lines of Tyler Black vs Bryan Danielson vs Kevin Steen somewhere but none of them are Eddie Guerrero so automatically it wouldn't match up.

Fuck me a Daniel Bryan vs Eddie Guerrero match would have been something. Heel Eddie was always amazing

5 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Fuck me a Daniel Bryan vs Eddie Guerrero match would have been something. Heel Eddie was always amazing

They could actually have some verval interactions as well. Would be majestic. 

15 minutes ago, ElCece said:

They could actually have some verval interactions as well. Would be majestic. 

It’d be a bittersweet symphony.

5 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

It’d be a bittersweet symphony.

The would be going for the quick pin. The Rollup People. 

Watching Drew Chronicle, we all know what has happened but going from that hot rumble setting up all Drew vs Brock, Edge vs Orton etc to shit going sideways in a matter of weeks.

Drew looks gutted by everything (as he should be).

Way things were shaping up I think we would've had a fantastic event 

Not sure where was best to post this, so stuck it here.  A newspaper clipping I found on newspapers.com from back in 1989 about a bar fight involving Haku that all kicked off when a woman refused his request to "bow down to the King".  Also includes a quote of Haku telling a couple of guys who'd picked up to chairs that he was going bend them over their heads!

The-Post-Star-25-Mar1989.jpg

It's a difficult one now, that story. I'd say the disgusting misogyny trumps the "Haku was a hard case ladzladzladz" element these days.

The 'Haku is a hard bastard' stories always rubbed me up the wrong way. From what I've heard in shoots and the like, it seems most of the fights were started by lads saying wrestling is fake and Haku taking it upon himself to then kick seven shades of shit out of em. Typical insecure wrestler bullshit for the most part, I reckon.

It annoys me when wrestlers of the time say he could have entered early UFC and pissed it. 

Yeah because Don Frye, Coleman, or Mark Kerr wouldn't have sent him home with his ball bag in a sling.