Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Seeing Ian mention then Dune inspiration for Crow Sting has me wondering, what's the closest connection wrestling has to David Lynch?

Late 2002 Raw and Mulholland Drive are both only worth watching for Hot Lesbian Action.

On 6/3/2020 at 4:36 AM, tiger_rick said:

What on earth was the WCW Thunder set in 1998 about? Trying to think of a link between WCW, Thunder, TBS and Indiana Jones.

wcw-thunder-set.jpg

Ah the first month of Thunder set, I think Bischoff touches on this on his podcast possibly the Thunder episode and if I recall the initial idea for the feel of the show just wasn't working so they switched it up. Hardly surprising as it looks simply like the Dungeon of Doom's layer crossed with a shit fairground ride. The worst part is that the central opening had a big movable boulder that was moved about by stage hands manually and quite visibly to let wrestlers in and out. 

Could The Rock actually be President one day?

Just watched a video he posted to his social media channels addressing the recent unrest in the US and, fuck me, he's so compassionate, well-spoken and inspiring. 

I know this isn't news to anyone, but you can't help but watch and listen to him. If Trump can become POTUS, why not our man Dwayne? 

He's the biggest movie star in the world and has friends in high places. He'd be able to get the funding to run as a proper candidate. He doesn't have any major skeletons in his closet (that I know of) and seems to be one of the most universally liked people on the planet. 

He doesn't have the experience but that's clearly not a prerequisite nowadays, is it? 

Bring on #Johnson2024. 

10 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Just watched a video he posted to his social media channels addressing the recent unrest in the US and, fuck me, he's so compassionate, well-spoken and inspiring. 

I know this isn't news to anyone, but you can't help but watch and listen to him. If Trump can become POTUS, why not our man Dwayne? 

He's the biggest movie star in the world and has friends in high places. He'd be able to get the funding to run as a proper candidate. He doesn't have any major skeletons in his closet (that I know of) and seems to be one of the most universally liked people on the planet. 

He doesn't have the experience but that's clearly not a prerequisite nowadays, is it? 

Bring on #Johnson2024. 

He definitely has such an aura around him I’d say it’s be a possibility. Tag Tulsi Gabbard as his VP and it’s surely a winning duo

(with the small exception that politics is corrupt as fuck and lobbying groups would likely strongarm any chance of him succeeding especially if he teamed with Tulsi, but can all dream!!)

It obviously wouldn't be easy. 

I'm assuming he'd run as a Democrat, if not an Independent, and that would bring out the sharks to try and tear him down. 

But yeah, I actually hope he gets into it sooner rather than later. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Bring on #Johnson2024. 

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather wait until the shower of shit in charge of the UK get voted out before I use this hashtag.

The Rock as president would be fun. You know what'd be even more fun? If Batista ran for senate/congress, and became The Rock's running buddy on the ticket for VP. A dream tag-team that never happened in wrestling.

Then, when the two terms are up, and they're having the "decommissioning" address (or whatever the ceremony is), Batista turns on Rocky with a chair ("THIS IS FOR NOT APPROVING BATISTACARE!"), and they feud for one last match at WM.

4 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Bring on #Johnson2024. 

I'd say at some point working for Vince McMahon might be a big fucking skeleton to leap out of the closet with a steel chair whether The Rock is related to it or not. 

OK, #Johnson2024 was a bad one. I hope Boris is out long before then. My bad.

How about #RockTheVote2024? #ThePeoplesPresident? I'll let the massive PR firm handle it...

Yeah, working for WWE/Vince is an automatic strike against him but...was he ever involved in anything particularly dodgy there? No massive scandal that I can think of and pretty much everyone loves the guy. 

I dunno, I hope and think he'll run sooner rather than later but he'd need to have a great team around him because the inexperience will be telling. 

He was probably joking but didn't Nash reckon The Rock's gay? Obviously it shouldn't matter either way but I can't imagine it being a vote winner with the religious lot

Combine that with roughly half of the country being racist and there's no chance it'd happen, thinking logically Bobby Eaton is the best choice for wrestler turned president and has half a dozen tag partners to choose from as a running mate

Cornette telling journalists to fuck off whilst necking insane amounts of Sprite might let the side down though 

• Paid Members

Thing is, combine the celebrity-obsessed culture that dominates society with the tribal mentality of wrestling fans, and I'd say The Rock has a fairly good chance of getting in. Not to mention that Vince's carny tendencies are probably greater than his Republican ones, and he'd probably cream his slacks at the chance to have a presidential candidate who was once his employee on RAW/SmackDown doing a "Smackdown Your Vote" show. Not to mention that, despite my joke above, I reckon he'd have Batista backing him publicly - with that sort of endorsement, I'd say he's a fairly strong candidate.

None of this will happen, though. I hope it does, but it won't.