Jump to content

Random Thoughts III.


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'll bet a lot of these dodgy wrestling stories mentioned so far had appeared first on the wrestling fan page of Sky Text.

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

Fucking hell, that's great. It's frustrating how much that WWE team could do with real, compelling stories like this yet they seem happy enough to plod along as is. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

everything the WWE do away from the actual main show is usually really good, its just baffling that the primary material that has the most eyeballs on it is so bad.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Watched this during the night. I had completely forgotten that Austin had this abortion of an entrance theme. Typical of the excess of that era. Tacking shit on all the time. It's just horrific noise.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

That music is garbage, the vocals are hilariously bad. I wrote something about sounding like an even shitter Davey Draiman, then I looked it up and it is Disturbed! Total catshit. 

  • Moderators
Posted

Pasting this because MOJ doesn't post here any more. In a thread about a video recorder he had as a kid that gave crystal clear freeze frames:

Has this ever come up before? I don't recall anyone spotting white flashes until now. What a scandal! Like thigh-slapping, but right into our brains.

edit: actually, seeing as it was on live PPVs too, I'm wondering if it was camera flashes. I read a thing recently where the WWE do the camera flashes of their official photographers with the arena house lights, for some reason.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

edit2: solved by John Lister.

 

Posted

I was watching a Raw review thing on YouTube where the subject again came up about wrestlers wearing their gear backstage when they're not listed to compete. I hadn't thought about it until now but, kayfabe-speaking, shouldn't all faces be in their gear because they're ready to compete at a moment's notice against anyone, and all heels should be in jeans or a suit so they can make the excuse of not being ready? Has/does this actually happen in any promotion?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Apologies for the self-plug, but I wrote something about the increasing homogenisation/standardisation of wrestling across the world - from NJPW's appeal to western markets, WWE's move away from aspects of the conventional "WWE style" and towards a more mid-00s indie-influenced approach, touching on everything from the UWFi to Pro Wrestling: EVE to the ECW/WWF/USWA feud along the way. I also touch on the bits of AEW I'm actually excited about, so it's not all negativity.

I'm actually quite proud of this, and it's exact a summary of my feelings toward modern wrestling as I think I've ever managed to put together, so would appreciate if you gave it a read;

http://www.imaintainthedoublefootstompissilly.com/styles-clash-wrestling-without-ideologies-and-the-homogenisation-of-pro-wrestling/

  • Paid Members
Posted
27 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Did they know the domain was going to accidentally include the word piss?

Reminds me of the disappointed patrons of stationary company Pen Island when they guess that a mere dot com will lead them to fountain pens.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Why does a triple threat automatically have become a no-DQ affair? (In WWE at least). Is it because of there only being one fall allowed so it can't be a DQ? Couldn't you just say if someone does something DQable, they're eliminated from the match and it continues 1-on-1?

  • Paid Members
Posted
58 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Why does a triple threat automatically have become a no-DQ affair? (In WWE at least). Is it because of there only being one fall allowed so it can't be a DQ? Couldn't you just say if someone does something DQable, they're eliminated from the match and it continues 1-on-1?

I think the idea behind that rule is to allow a clean finish in a match where they don't want to beat at least one (but probably two) of the participants. 

We get so many DQ finishes as it is in singles matches due to wanting to protect both people, that I'm pretty glad it's the way it is. 

The draw back comes when titles transition from the champion to the new champion without the holder being involved in the fall. Unless that helps set up the new program between the winner and the unbeaten champion, then it may not give the winner as big of a boost as it would if they beat the holder to win the belt (although I guess that's completely in theory, and it really depends on who is involved more than anything). 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...