WyattSheepMask Posted February 4, 2019 Posted February 4, 2019 There just isn’t enough there with Nikki Cross. For the last year on NXT she’s just come across as goofy comedy rather than someone whose had a psychotic break. An unhinged psychopath shouldn’t be playing to the crowd for laughs. At times it was like her only point of reference for a character was the mad jailer from Life of Brian. Her entrance is the same thing every time, run into the ropes (same order every time) and slam her jacket on the mat a few times, if she’s supposedly unhinged she’d a million & one different things going through her broken mind at a single moment, so mix it up. Randy Orton freely admits that he hears voices in his head, they council him because they understand and that’s why they talk to him, but he’s methodical in his approach, yet Nikki Cross is at the “WOAH! I’M FUCKING MAD ME!” end of the spectrum. The whole ‘Nikki has a secret’ in the Aleister Black attack angle made no fucking sense. If she was that batty she’d just blurt it out to the first person she saw. Unless the whole gimmick is of a woman pretending to be mad to throw her opponents off guard
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 4, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2019 31 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said: Popped up to see my parents last weekend. Casually mentioned to my Dad that Mene Gene had passed away and without missing a beat, he started to re-tell the sorry of him seeing 'Hogan doing the Wrestling' in Cwm working mens club in the 70's. He's told me the story many times, and no amount of fact checking or reasoning will convince him otherwise. Well now he claims Mene Gene was there too. Hogan, Gene and the lads. In a South Wales working mens club. In the 70's. I love it. Great, Chinny reckon. Reminds me of a lad from our school, the type who was always lying, telling everyone in the Summer of 1997 that he'd just got back from the States, where he'd managed to watch a rehearsal of Summerslam a few weeks before the show itself. Absolute chinny reckon, but annoyingly he managed to predict about half of the results correctly! He went on to argue that everything else was only changed because they were scared of the rehearsal results being leaked. Of course. I wonder if there's room for a Chinny Reckon Wrestling thread?
WyattSheepMask Posted February 4, 2019 Posted February 4, 2019 1 minute ago, Supremo said: Reminds me of a lad from our school, the type who was always lying, telling everyone he'd in the Summer of 1997 that he'd just got back from the States, where he'd managed to watch a rehearsal of Summerslam a few weeks before the show itself. Absolute chinny reckon, but annoyingly he managed to predict about half of the results correctly! He went on to argue that everything else was only changed because they were scared of the rehearsal results were being leaked. Of course. I wonder if there's room for a Chinny Reckon Wrestling thread? We had a kid who’d been to a training school at Woodford Leisure Centre where WWF had send The Hardy Boys and Lita over to help train people. He then had a Hell In A Cell match with Jeff Hardy...at a fucking Leisure Centre! ”Bullshit!” ”Well, how do I know that Lita’s real name is Amy then?” ”But I know that. You can find that anywhere on the internet in a matter of seconds”
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted February 4, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2019 7 minutes ago, Supremo said: Reminds me of a lad from our school, the type who was always lying, telling everyone he'd in the Summer of 1997 that he'd just got back from the States, where he'd managed to watch a rehearsal of Summerslam a few weeks before the show itself. Absolute chinny reckon, but annoyingly he managed to predict about half of the results correctly! He went on to argue that everything else was only changed because they were scared of the rehearsal results were being leaked. Of course. I wonder if there's room for a Chinny Reckon Wrestling thread? About 6 years ago I worked with someone, who on finding out I was a wrestling fan, told me his brother used to go to school with the Undertaker. He's from in Ely, in Cardiff.
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 4, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2019 A kid at school claimed Lita was his aunt. We definitely need a chinny reckon thread.
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted February 4, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2019 My dad was in LOD and worked for Smiths crisps. Hence why we went to Wrestlemania every weekend and had loads of free crisps.
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 4, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2019 6 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said: My dad was in LOD and worked for Smiths crisps. Hence why we went to Wrestlemania every weekend and had loads of free crisps. I reckon Hawk and Animal-themed Monster Munch would've been a money spinner back in the day
Wrasslin Posted February 4, 2019 Posted February 4, 2019 2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: We had a kid who’d been to a training school at Woodford Leisure Centre where WWF had send The Hardy Boys and Lita over to help train people. He then had a Hell In A Cell match with Jeff Hardy...at a fucking Leisure Centre! ”Bullshit!” ”Well, how do I know that Lita’s real name is Amy then?” ”But I know that. You can find that anywhere on the internet in a matter of seconds” He must have felt really foolish when Jeff Hardy said he’d never been in a Hell in a Cell match and that was his goal. Exposed the hole in the otherwise watertight Leisure Centre story
The Dart Posted February 4, 2019 Posted February 4, 2019 2 hours ago, Supremo said: Reminds me of a lad from our school, the type who was always lying, telling everyone in the Summer of 1997 that he'd just got back from the States, where he'd managed to watch a rehearsal of Summerslam a few weeks before the show itself. Absolute chinny reckon, but annoyingly he managed to predict about half of the results correctly! He went on to argue that everything else was only changed because they were scared of the rehearsal results being leaked. Of course. You went to school with Dave Meltzer?
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 4, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2019 3 hours ago, Supremo said: Absolute chinny reckon, but annoyingly he managed to predict about half of the results correctly! Out of curiosity I don't suppose you remember if he had Bret winning the belt? I ask because I have vivid memories of being absolutely clueless as to what they were going to book given the stips having over Bret and Shawn. I'd love to know if this chancer called that result.
Paid Members Statto Posted February 4, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2019 Kid I went to school with claimed Sunday Night Heat was going to be held at Carrow Road one week. Not Raw, not Smackdown, a specific Sunday Night Heat taping. And this was well into the point where Sunday Night Heat was a c-show.
The Reverend Posted February 4, 2019 Posted February 4, 2019 In my early days of fandom (and long before the internet) a kid at school in the queue for lunch told me Sgt Slaughter had come out at Wrestlemania VI and shot someone. Having only seen his picture in the first WWF sticker album (where he was holding a gun) and knowing this was American wrestling, where anything went, and in the USA which I only knew from films, I believed him. Also the oft-told story that the returning Warrior at Wrestlemania 8 was in fact the Texas Tornado!
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 4, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2019 If we're into cobblers mis-reports, my oft-told favourite is how some lad at youth club (yes) in the days after the US Intrepid bodyslam challenge aired over here, reliably informed me "The Narcissist came out of the sky in a helicopter, powerslammed Yokozuna, pinned him and now he's the WWF Champion." I was so excited I immediately went home and updated Lugers "titles held" section in my Panini book.
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted February 4, 2019 Paid Members Posted February 4, 2019 Evolution was formed 16 years ago today: https://www.wwe.com/videos/triple-h-introduces-evolution-raw-feb-3-2003 I’m not one for “now I feel old” posts, but… now I feel old.
Keith Houchen Posted February 4, 2019 Posted February 4, 2019 14 hours ago, Supremo said: I wonder if there's room for a Chinny Reckon Wrestling thread?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.