Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

Would love to have seen any wrestler giving it the big 'un taking part in the first 4 UFC's with the undercard nutters

SAFTA exponent Big Jon Hess from UFC 5 would have bust a nut in any pro wrestler living or dead with ease. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Little Johnny said:

Do you think there's a chance you've completely missed the point? The quotation marks in my first post might be a clue.

Should have left it. I think we were one post away from “Snowflakes!”

Just now, IANdrewDiceClay said:

In fairness to Haku, didnt Bischoff try to work out a deal with UFC where Haku would come in and scrap with someone and Haku was like "nah, you're alright." Haku isnt the one who tends to brag about his toughness.

It's been years but my recollection is that WCW came to Bischoff wanting Haku who, he wasn't prepared to let them have him, but offered them Craig Pittman instead.  That though was turned down because no-one knew who he was (this was either right at the start of his career or when he was still training at the Power Plant) and they were only interested in a name wrestler.

Just now, PowerButchi said:

My favourite one is Ernest Miller ruining a meeting with a view to signing between Don Frye and Easy E by constantly telling Don he'd twat everyone in UFC including him.

Such a great storyt.  Even better when Frye is telling it himself like on the old Eyada show.

25 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Randomly browsing youtube this evening and came across this match. How does an indie match between a man and a woman have 188 million views? 

That's fairly common for most intergender matches. The comment sections are always... interesting to say the least. Seems like it's a big fetish. It's the same for squash matches. You will see a lot of people getting off on the beating of a ham and egger in the comments. People are strange. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Today I discovered that the magic words Merlin uses in the film Excalibur are the same words at the start of Undertaker’s entrance music when he was in the Ministry.

Of course. Most of Russo's writing was taken from old films he used to rent out at his video shop.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, pitseleh said:

That's fairly common for most intergender matches. The comment sections are always... interesting to say the least. Seems like it's a big fetish. It's the same for squash matches. You will see a lot of people getting off on the beating of a ham and egger in the comments. People are strange. 

Me and @PowerButchi used to have this sort of thing as a running gag during The Chattitude Era. There was one particular jobber who had a massive following and millions of views for all his videos. Can't remember who it was though.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Seeing Ian mention then Dune inspiration for Crow Sting has me wondering, what's the closest connection wrestling has to David Lynch?

RVD was in an episode of The X-Files with David Duchovny of Twin Peaks fame.