Sign in to follow this  
TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

I was so disappointed by TLOU after all the hype and reviews, I was expecting some deep, gripping story that would change gaming forever but it was such a damp squib.

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I was so disappointed by TLOU after all the hype and reviews, I was expecting some deep, gripping story that would change gaming forever but it was such a damp squib.

Your Mum's a damp squib.

Great story, dated gameplay. I think once Joel and Elle bond the game really sucks you in to the story. Brilliant dlc too.

Also, am I a monster or (end game spoilers)

would anyone else do exactly what Joel does from the hospital onwards? I've heard a few takes where Joel comes out of it as the true villain because of his actions. Fuck that, if my kid /surrogate kid was Elle I'd do that shit too.

8 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

How far did yoy get?

In retrospect it might not be considered too far, im not sure how much was left. If I remember rightly I was just over half way (I think). I'd just completed the prison riot where the sinister 6 are unveiled. Think Doc. Oc. unleashes the virus (what a time to be playing through something like that!). As I've been away from playing games for, as mentioned, about 18 months and never being an absolute pro on consoles anyway... that really is a lot of hard work there!

29 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

It's average gameplay elevated by a strong, compelling and emotional story, deep and relatable characters, and outstanding voice acting.

Fixed. 

If it were a movie it'd be languishing around the 50 mark on Metacritic, the greatness of the story is overblown because it's marginally better than the average Triple A game.

I thought it was massive over-hyped too. Really short game too. I completed it over a weekend which I found very disappointing. I think the average playtime is something like 12 hours.

The secret to getting more out of games is being rubbish at them. I got about 20 hours out of it on the normal difficulty.

The new one is meant to be much longer.

Wasn't for me either, I'm not a fan of stealth games, so the mediocre stealth mechanic just put me right off. Can't even really remember how far I got but it wasn't far. Pretty sure even the best movie in the world would be fairly hard to connect with if they repeated 5 minute chunks of the film 20-30 times before letting you move on.

I finally got Hitman 2016 and am I alone in thinking that the levels are a bit too big? I get that they really wanted to push the sandbox nature with the reboot but I'm not sure I like it, I've never been a fan of being dumped somewhere and left completely alone to do as I want, I like a little bit of a push in the right direction.

I feel like Blood Money got the balance just right.

Edited by Merzbow