Sign in to follow this  
TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I see that side of the argument, but for me I think it doesn't add as much when you can't hear your character.

I do agree though. Don't get me started on creating your own character. I crould never create something as magnificent as Kratos, Arthur Morgan or Trevor.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Mind blown.  Now I have to dig out the original game!  I hope I didn't take it to a car boot sale along with a lot of my old games a few years back.

It's in the Xbox store as a download if you can't find the disc.

Edited by johnnyboy

I have some PS Store credit to burn and I've been toying with No Man's Sky since the VR update... but I can't make up my mind. Anyone here got it and can comment? I understand it has come on tremendously since launch and the VR bit is the biggest pull to me.

7 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Fallout 4's settlement building was a good, fun distraction and yeah it had some lovely set pieces and well curated vistas and moments but it's a shite RPG and a poor Fallout. New Vegas is the best one. Give me its numerous dialogue options and weird setting over the wooden voice acting any day. 

I know the rollback on Bethesda is overdone/we all played 500 hours of Skyrim before going on about how shallow it was/they're clearly going for something with a more easier to jump into, action oriented appeal but New Vegas beats the piss out of 4. 

I loved Skyrim, still do, and spent hours on both that and fallout 3. New Vegas had a better story and characters but 3 had a more barron and claustrophobic feel in places, perhaps by necessity much like the fog of silent hill, which made for a really engrossing end of the world feel at times mixed into the open world. 

Fallout 4 has lots of uninspired characters for the most part & 4 factions to side with but none are endearing (unlike NV) and little I do really feels of any influence in the gameplay world (unlike either NV or 3), so I'm just mincing about a lot, yet this seems much less adventurous than Skyrim did. 

Pissing about with the settlement building, spending ages building generators or chairs, isn't my bag and that's clearly intended as a big fancy new addition. Much like how making CJ eat a burger or lift weights wasn't appealing for me in GTA:SA. 

That's not to say it's shit as I'm loving playing it and it's great fun, it's just not grabbed me and created the moments the other 2 did.

Fallout 3, NV and Skyrim are probably in the top 5 most enjoyable games I played on Ps3 and up there overall. When it's competition / standards are so high it's a weird state that I'm critical yet still enjoy it and think its great fun. 

There are a ton of Lego games in the Xbox Spring Sale.  Ended up getting tapped up for the Lego Batman 3 deluxe pack with all the DLC (which was only £2 more than the regular game) and the Lego Marvel super-duper bundle which is the 3 Lego Marvel games, plus the Season Pass DLC for all 3.

Essentially I've waved goodbye to my Xbox until we've been vaccinated.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Merry Christmas Mrs johnnyboy!

Purchased it with part of the refund we got from her cancelled birthday plans so I couldn't really say no.  I should have though as she's stolen my entire 2k20 free play afternoon now.

Edited by johnnyboy

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

she's stolen my entire 2k20 free play afternoon now.

WWE 2K20? You should thank her. 

22 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

I have some PS Store credit to burn and I've been toying with No Man's Sky since the VR update... but I can't make up my mind. Anyone here got it and can comment? I understand it has come on tremendously since launch and the VR bit is the biggest pull to me.

It’s the most impressive and immersive VR game I’ve played, but it still has a fairly open-ended game style that doesn’t offer much outside of exploration and crafting. The motion controls can be a bit fiddly but you work around them. If you can get it for £25 or less then definitely but don’t go full price.

Finally have the Crash and Spiro trilogies downloading. Can't wait to get stuck in! Ms. FOOK will play along too so it'll be good fun. Even with Steam decent local split screen is still slim pickings. It's just not the PC's thing. So these kind of games where we just take turns are a better laugh. 

Digging the Forest too. Decent survival game. I can tell I'll get sick of it before long though. 

@Gay as FOOK Get ready to start pulling your hair out over some of Crash's later stages. The first two are so much harder than I remembered.

Got 100% on those over the last few weeks, gonna have a blast on something else for a while before I get stuck into Crash 3.

1 minute ago, Lorne Malvo said:

@Gay as FOOK Get ready to start pulling your hair out over some of Crash's later stages. The first two are so much harder than I remembered.

Got 100% on those over the last few weeks, gonna have a blast on something else for a while before I get stuck into Crash 3.

There's a slight change to the remasters which messes up the hitboxes, makes then tougher.

17 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

It’s the most impressive and immersive VR game I’ve played, but it still has a fairly open-ended game style that doesn’t offer much outside of exploration and crafting. The motion controls can be a bit fiddly but you work around them. If you can get it for £25 or less then definitely but don’t go full price.

Thanks. The lack of overriding narrative is probably the deal breaker for me, without a story I get bored quickly. Open world games are great an' all but I do need something fixed to focus on otherwise it doesn't hold my interest. 

It's £15 at the moment but I'll probably still skip it. 

I'm still choosing between God of War and Outer Wilds at the moment. I'm really drawn into the Outer Wilds' time loop mechanic.