WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Tried playing Dragon Age, but the turn based combat type stuff wasn't doing it for me. It's why I didn't stick it out with KOTOR as well, so I'm back on Mass Effect 2. Had to remember how to play the damned thing as my last save was right before a huge gunfight with some Reapers, but I think I'm getting back into it. I'll probably have a stick on my paragon playthrough tonight. 

26 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The first couple of hours of Uncharted 4 are incredible. I’m hoping the gunplay doesn’t drag it down as the evolution of it’s platforming is great.

If you end up enjoying this the whole way through I’d highly recommend Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I had an absolute blast playing that and I’d initially been swithering over whether or not I should bother. It’s pretty cheap now too.

• Paid Members

I'm always jealous of noobs that get to play through the Uncharteds fresh and back-to-back. 4 is incredible. The Madagascar section is probably my favourite level (it's technically more than one, but fuck you) in a game ever. Exploration, action, MONKEYS, an amazing platforming/puzzle bit in the clock tower, then topped off with with the G.O.A.T. car chase sequence. Perfection.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

I've been playing a right daft bit of nonsense this weekend. There's not much to it other than fighting hunters, eating things and looking for collectables, but it's incredibly moreish and tons of fun when you've levelled up enough to get a few upgrades. It doesn't seem to have got much attention so it'll probably end up on a load of "hidden gems" lists in a few years time. Worth a look if you're in need of a silly distraction!

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

4 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I've been playing a right daft bit of nonsense this weekend. There's not much to it other than fighting hunters, eating things and looking for collectables, but it's incredibly moreish and tons of fun when you've levelled up enough to get a few upgrades. It doesn't seem to have got much attention so it'll probably end up on a load of "hidden gems" lists in a few years time. Worth a look if you're in need of a silly distraction!

This looks like a blast, thanks for the recommendation. This hadn’t crossed my radar at all, so I’d have likely never tried it.

• Paid Members

Has anyone had a go with the Halo Collection games on Steam? They've got Halo, Halo 2 and Reach up for £8 per piece. I'm not looking at playing the campaigns as that was never a factor in what I enjoyed about the series. it's all about the BRILLIANT online multiplayer.

Looking at the Steam reviews though, it doesn't look too good; apparently it's really buggy, laggy and multiplayer is barely populated with users. There's also some sleuths who have strong suspicions that these are just previously-released bug-filled Windows ports (but with all the bugs still intact).

These are Steam reviews though and are up for debate, so just curious if anyone here has had any joy with them?

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They love putting up these Call Of Duty games for free don’t they, considering you need practically your whole hard drive to download it.

fuck i hate the fact that i get free games that i may or may not play. such an inconvenience. 

11 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They love putting up these Call Of Duty games for free don’t they, considering you need practically your whole hard drive to download it.

Psst, all games are going that way. It makes sense when games and especially things like textures are so much bigger than before, compression can only do so much and there's negative effects of that at times too.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I don't see how one correlates with the other. "Fuck, someone offered me a free car but it'll take up all the space in my driveway!". No one's forcing you to download it.