WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

33 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It was absolutely fucked on release, there was no way it was coming back from it even if it was pretty damn decent when fully patched. It'll be a future hidden gem for sure tho.

Yeah I didn't even start the game until it was heavily patched.

Apparently much like Anthem following it the entire development for ME:A was a complete disaster. Anthem now there's a game that can get fucked.

I still think that Dragon Age 2 is a hidden gem despite it's flaws and it's a shame that Jade Empire performed poorly because I fucking love that game.

Bioware are absolutely tremendous at world building. They even made the Star Wars universe interesting.

Jade Empire got a 9.9 from IGN. What a farce video game reviewing is. I much prefer the scoreless reviews where they just give you impressions and let you make your own mind up if it sounds like your sort of thing. Most AAA video games aren’t meant to be consumed in the space of a week so a review of a 40 hour game that should be played out over a month or two but has been played in 4 or 5 sessions is a bit pointless. You wouldn’t trust a restaurant review if the critic had just scoffed the food as fast as he can.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Jade Empire got a 9.9 from IGN. What a farce video game reviewing is. I much prefer the scoreless reviews where they just give you impressions and let you make your own mind up if it sounds like your sort of thing. Most AAA video games aren’t meant to be consumed in the space of a week so a review of a 40 hour game that should be played out over a month or two but has been played in 4 or 5 sessions is a bit pointless. You wouldn’t trust a restaurant review if the critic had just scoffed the food as fast as he can.

Games TM used to have good reviews. They never felt like fluff pieces. I used to scour any games magazines to find the really bad reviews, as the writers would have to do something pretty special to make you want to read about a game that was only a 2/10 etc. 

Funny that I really enjoyed Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition yet think Origins despite its setting is a complete chore to actually play.

Most fans still bang on about it being the best in the series but I always get bored as soon as I finish the opening.

• Paid Members

Resogun is free on PSN at the moment. It's a fun retro style shooter. I know it was a launch title, but it's still fun. 

• Paid Members

26 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Just checked, it’s £3.99

I had a look on the store in the deals section and it said it was free. Strange. Maybe it's changed. I own it anyway but if that's the case it usually says "owned". My mistake if it isn't. 

EDIT: Nope, there it is. 

Screenshot_20200603_143332_com.scee.psxandroid.jpg

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

It is odd. It's also odd that I already own it, but it still gives me that offer. Unless it's to try and get me to grab the PS3/Vita version as well, but I wasn't logged in on the page when I did that search. 

• Paid Members

I didn't have a PS4 at that time though. I bought it for a quid in a sale. Very strange. 

When I first played Fallout 4 about 4 odd years ago, I remember losing my dog during one of the missions after I gave it a command to stay where it was to keep it out of the way of a big gun fight. By the time the mission ended, I forgot where he was (somewhere in a huge factory). I kept looking for him but never found him. Assumed he had been killed. A little upsetting because he was quite handy to keep around, and because, well, it's a dog. 

I started playing again a few weeks ago, but carried on from my last save point because I couldnt be bothered having to perk up all over again. Just finished a mission in a small town that had a big factory. Went inside to have a look around and see what I could find. It was a big place and it took me a while to get around it. Found a side door that lead to a basement, turned a corner and then... 

Woof. 

Just sitting there, obediently waiting for me. 

I actually got a bit choked up.