WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I've been getting back in to the latest Fifa after 3 seasons off the series. Not changed much has it?

I know it would never happen because it's a money making machine but they should really switch to a games as a service model at this point. The itterations are far too small to warrant forking out £50 a year and the FUT wankers would have more money to wank away on electronic Panini stickers. Of course they'll do that anyway with shelling out the £50 a year on top so it's a redundant idea.

The game itself is quite impressive though when you think about all the inputs and combinations you can do and the AI is as good as any game. They've had 30 years to perfect it though.

15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

You played Volta mode yet, or do you have the Switch version?

Not yet. The Switch version is literally a patched version of last years, it even comes with a disclaimer saying so. Shit bags. Got the PS4 one.

On 5/19/2020 at 6:01 PM, FelatioLips said:

That's not that massively reduced. We were selling the deluxe for £19.99 at one point not long after launch. The game is a dumpster fire.

It seems to have gone back up in price, certainly in the online stores I looked at. 

I've bought it, and while I don't feel ripped off they've made a lot of unnecessary control changes, and the graphics are still PS2 level at best. 

I enjoy the WWE games for the multiplayer, and honestly, I'm enjoying it. It's far from perfect but they've fixed what I assume were the worst aspects of it. 

Given that I've just endorsed one of the most critically panned games in years, what I say next might be worthlesss...but I'd highly recommend What the Golf. 

I've been playing through the game today and it's one of the most creative, interesting indie games that I've played in a long time. It's a golf game that isn't really about golf at all. Super fun. 

...please trust me on this. 

• Paid Members

The streaming on Twitch thing isn’t all that bad to be honest. I’ve only got 13 followers but I already have a few regulars pop in when I’m playing and it’s doing wonders for my mental health to have something to do and people to chat to. I won’t post my channel in here though because this place is this place. 

On 5/21/2020 at 3:58 PM, RedRooster said:

It seems to have gone back up in price, certainly in the online stores I looked at. 

I've bought it, and while I don't feel ripped off they've made a lot of unnecessary control changes, and the graphics are still PS2 level at best. 

I enjoy the WWE games for the multiplayer, and honestly, I'm enjoying it. It's far from perfect but they've fixed what I assume were the worst aspects of it. 

Given that I've just endorsed one of the most critically panned games in years, what I say next might be worthlesss...but I'd highly recommend What the Golf. 

I've been playing through the game today and it's one of the most creative, interesting indie games that I've played in a long time. It's a golf game that isn't really about golf at all. Super fun. 

...please trust me on this. 

Are you playing it on Switch or Apple Arcade? I played it when they first rolled it out on Apple Arcade and I can definitely back up the endorsement. (What the Golf not that other shite!)

I finished Uncharted 3 and it’s obviously the smoothest of the remasters but I think 2 might just pip it. What all the games do great is make you feel like your involved in action set pieces with really basic gameplay. So many games get it wrong but the spectacle is enough with Uncharted that the unchallenging aspect doesn’t grate.

I was surprised that when I was struggling with one of the end game shoot outs I went to change the difficulty and it was already set to easy. I’d definitely advise you play all three games on easy as whilst it’s not exactly Dark Souls the gun play is the thing that has aged worse and it’d suck the fun out having to worry about ammo. 

19 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Are you playing it on Switch or Apple Arcade? I played it when they first rolled it out on Apple Arcade and I can definitely back up the endorsement. (What the Golf not that other shite!)

Switch, and I’ve completed it already. It’s quite possibly my game of the year so far (...and WWE 2K20 is not my only point of comparison)

• Paid Members

Can anyone recommend a good turn based RPG on switch? 

I'm not big into them but I loved Chrono Trigger on the snes and enjoyed FF7 on the old ps1 as general reference of my narrow skim of them. 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I'm not big into them but I loved Chrono Trigger on the snes and enjoyed FF7 on the old ps1 as general reference of my narrow skim of them. 

I think TildeGuy will be able to recommend you some games if you liked those.

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Xenoblade Chronicles was phenomenal on Wii, so I’d imagine that would be worth your while when it comes out next week.

The combat is closer to Final Fantasy XII than VII, but I’d still recommend it. Lost Sphear and I am Setsuna (particularly I am Setsuna) might also be up your street.

It’s a bit of an obvious suggestion, but Dragon Quest XI is fantastic (and very, very long) and I think you’d enjoy it.

Octopath Traveller seems to be fairly well loved and it’s a Switch exclusive. I didn’t really get into it though.