WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I hope this is actually good, I miss the days of arcadey football games.

Like the look of that.

I loved Mario Strikers for an arcadey football game. Great multiplayer game and I felt like the Wii controllers added to it.

Edited by Sphinx

37 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Does any else remember the game "Red Card" ? that was very fun! 

179145-redcard-20-03-playstation-2-front

Yes! I’m surprised that something similar hasn’t come about (as far as I’m aware) on an indie level at least. A rule-lite football game seems like the kind of thing that would be huge fun online.

Edited by RedRooster

Super Sidekicks is still the best footy franchise, just a shame that home consoles of the time couldn't handle that Neo Geo power. I'd love to see another game like that with big chunky sprites and have a fully fleshed out system.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Super Sidekicks is still the best footy franchise, just a shame that home consoles of the time couldn't handle that Neo Geo power. I'd love to see another game like that with big chunky sprites and have a fully fleshed out system.

I think you can get the Super Sidekicks games through the ACA Neo Geo series on consoles/PC now. The Ultimate 11 is the best one in the series. Neo Cup 98 is also good. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Me and the kids blitzed through the Mom Hide My Game series the last couple of days. Super simple Japanese puzzle games where you have to solve where his Mom has hidden his handheld console on each level.

A good game to play along with younger kids (my 7yo solved more than I did), and shouldn't take more than an hour to complete all 3 of them to be honest.

Any similar games suggestions would be welcome. (We've already HONKED through the Goose game)

• Paid Members
On 5/28/2020 at 8:06 AM, RedRooster said:

Yes! I’m surprised that something similar hasn’t come about (as far as I’m aware) on an indie level at least. A rule-lite football game seems like the kind of thing that would be huge fun online.

Reminds me of the 80s boxing game By Fair Means Or Foul where you could do low blows and headbutts but risked being caught by the ref.

• Paid Members

Has anyone played the Friday the 13th game? I picked it up on Humble Bundle for not much, and tried it out. It's fun, but difficult, and it's my first time using multiplayer online.

Apologies if this isn't the right thread to ask. Has anyone played Football Manager 2020 Mobile (Android)? Haven't played a football manager game in forever and I'm looking for something that's quick to play through with enough depth. If the 01-02 Champ Man game was perfect then how would this compare?

I know it's only £9 but I'd rather not throw it away if I'm not going to enjoy it. 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Has anyone played the Friday the 13th game? I picked it up on Humble Bundle for not much, and tried it out. It's fun, but difficult, and it's my first time using multiplayer online.

I hear good things about it, but I guess it'd depend on who you're playing the game with. I could see it being a lot of fun for you and your mates on an online party, but less fun if you end up with a bunch of "hard-core gamerz" through some random matchmaking. 

Finished Persona 5 Royal a few days ago, it took me roughly 80 hours to complete, really enjoyed it.

I bought Days Gone yesterday(£13.99 in Argos) I remember being really excited for it prior to it releasing but just never ended up getting it until now, I’m about 2 hours in and I’m not having fun at all.

• Paid Members

Calling it a puzzle game is a bit generous, it's quite luck based. It is fun, though. Very moreish. 

The zen mode in Bejeweled used to be a good way to unwind for me. Stick my headphones on and just play at your own leisure. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Yea, it must be luck as i managed to complete it! 

I may try the Witcher 3 later, but i can see a lot of this going on 

EZgJUTZWsAE-dtf?format=jpg&name=small

A lot of games can have moments like that. Started Mass Effect Andromeda the other day to delay the inevitable attempts at not losing Tali when I play through the suicide mission on Mass Effect 2. It's a buggy mess, and the facial animations are shonky as anything, but the writing and world building is really good. The new dialogue options are an interesting change from Paragon/Renegade as well. I'm doing two playthroughs with two builds, and trying to keep one using logical/professional dialogue choices, and anoher one using emotional/carefree choices, a few times. Some of the decisions are more shades of grey than in the trilogy, so there's a little crossover in it, like the first murder mission. I'm enjoying it, though. The world and characters they've crafted makes me want to explore more and find out what's going on. Plus I almost feel like I can handle the combat as well, but I'd much rather have a decent PC so I can keyboard and mouse it.