WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

When I first played Fallout 4 about 4 odd years ago, I remember losing my dog during one of the missions after I gave it a command to stay where it was to keep it out of the way of a big gun fight. By the time the mission ended, I forgot where he was (somewhere in a huge factory). I kept looking for him but never found him. Assumed he had been killed. A little upsetting because he was quite handy to keep around, and because, well, it's a dog. 

I started playing again a few weeks ago, but carried on from my last save point because I couldnt be bothered having to perk up all over again. Just finished a mission in a small town that had a big factory. Went inside to have a look around and see what I could find. It was a big place and it took me a while to get around it. Found a side door that lead to a basement, turned a corner and then... 

Woof. 

Just sitting there, obediently waiting for me. 

I actually got a bit choked up. 

He's a good boy. 

• Paid Members

@Steve Justice and then Preston Garvey kills the mood by telling you a settlement needs your help, the lazy prick.

Years ago when I spent hooooouuuurs designing my own vault with the Vault-Tec add-on, I stationed all of my companions there. Preston was reduced to guard duty to make sure no Super Mutants would invade. I essentially turned him into a turret. Good, fuck him. 

20170926_212654.thumb.jpg.c61887cac31234cbc6d2aeb28f9f3990.jpg

That's actually why I gave up on Fallout in the end, it became too much of a hassle trying to navigate the dog through everything and keep him alive, and there was no fucking way I was leaving him behind.

As with most rpgs, the early parts of the Fallout games are the best where you've got a cool coat, a pistol and a dog.  By the time you're stomping around in power armour the magic has gone.  That's why the RDR games are so much better - no matter how far through you get, and no matter what clobber you've accumulated, you're still a cool as fuck lone wolf gunman.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
On 6/2/2020 at 9:25 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Bioware have always been shit at romance.

On the contrary: I played Mass Effect 2 and 3 back to back and I was going through a really, really tough time in my personal life. Mass Effect was basically the only good thing I had going on during this period and I got far too invested in my Mass Effect romance. My Shepard's lesbian romance with a blue alien woman basically consumed my life.

liara_tsoni.jpg

Liara T'soni. What we had together was beautiful. 

• Paid Members

The Twitch thing is going better than expected. I became an affiliate today so can start getting paid from it, I've made friends with a bunch of small communities too which is nice. I'm also now on the official Speedrunning leaderboards for Spyro The Dragon. Not bad for a couple of week's work.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

The Twitch thing is going better than expected. I became an affiliate today so can start getting paid from it, I've made friends with a bunch of small communities too which is nice. I'm also now on the official Speedrunning leaderboards for Spyro The Dragon. Not bad for a couple of week's work.

What's your channel name? I'll give you my Prime Subscription/

Same, I don’t use it so you can have mine as well.

I’ve dipped my toe back into emulation this week, incredibly there are already 2 pretty stable Switch emulators available. I’ve been playing Mario Odyssey today at pretty much a steady full frame rate with next to no glitches. Needs a bit of tinkering to get set up but there are plenty of tutorials, etc on YouTube to help you along.

Edited by Bicurious Dad

• Paid Members

It doesn't sound like it's too dissimilar from the rules on Youtube. You'd think with Amazon having its own music streaming service they'd be able to sort something out? This stinks of record companies  wanting their cut.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

What's your channel name? I'll give you my Prime Subscription/

1 hour ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Same, I don’t use it so you can have mine as well.

I’ve dipped my toe back into emulation this week, incredibly there are already 2 pretty stable Switch emulators available. I’ve been playing Mario Odyssey today at pretty much a steady full frame rate with next to no glitches. Needs a bit of tinkering to get set up but there are plenty of tutorials, etc on YouTube to help you along.

That's very kind of you both and much appreciated. I'll DM you my channel as obviously this place has it's fair share of weirdos.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

That's very kind of you both and much appreciated. I'll DM you my channel as obviously this place has it's fair share of weirdos.

Could you DM me too? (I tried DMing you but you don't receive them!)

• Paid Members

I finished Spider-Man over the weekend, and fucking hell what a game that was. One of the best PS4 games I've played, and one of the better interpretations of the Spider-Man character and universe, too. Lovely stuff.

Started on Red Dead 2 yesterday, being years behind everyone else as I am. It's bloody slow starting, and I can't see myself being able to remember all the controls.