WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Ah man I was going to try to avoid buying a PS 5 at launch but Spider-Man 2 coming out this year is very tempting.

Finished Uncharted 4 and it was fucking great. The gunplay is typical Naughty Dog bollocks but the platforming is exceptional and the story telling is brilliant. I know hardcore gamers can be dismissive of PlayStation’s big budget story driven games but for me Naughty Dog are probably the best at mixing the fun gameplay with big story, helped greatly by not making their games 50 hour experiences.

TLOU 2 is their longest game yet apparently so it’ll be interesting to see how that plays and if it’s too repetitive.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Ah man I was going to try to avoid buying a PS 5 at launch but Spider-Man 2 coming out this year is very tempting.

Finished Uncharted 4 and it was fucking great. The gunplay is typical Naughty Dog bollocks but the platforming is exceptional and the story telling is brilliant. I know hardcore gamers can be dismissive of PlayStation’s big budget story driven games but for me Naughty Dog are probably the best at mixing the fun gameplay with big story, helped greatly by not making their games 50 hour experiences.

TLOU 2 is their longest game yet apparently so it’ll be interesting to see how that plays and if it’s too repetitive.

Uncharted 4 is massive so that gives me hope. I finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy last week, its a great addition, the storyline isn't great and the baddie seems massively under written when you compare it to Uncharted 4 but it's a lot of fun.

The one thing Naughty Dog do great is the mechanics for characters just chatting to each other during exploration. Just driving around and there's random conversations that don't feel forced and if they get interrupted they go back into it without a jarring start. They do get caught up in the 'open area means theres going to be a big firefight. tall grass means you're going to have a stealth bit' but thats the nature of the game. To me it's the perfect version of the Telltale games, storyline driven games but with more gameplay and fun in between the plot development

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Returnal.

Resident Evil VIII

Ghostwire.

Zero Dawn 2.

Demon's Souls.

That's a pretty sweet looking bunch of games. Is Demon's Souls a complete remake instead of a remaster?

Lovely looking console as well.

You're forgetting Rockstar's valuable contribution to launch: GTA V!

That fucking game, as much as I like it, is going to be around for the next 5 generations of gaming isn't it?

I’ll buy it again for the third time no doubt.

Sneaky bastards with that Spider-Man shit but if it means we get some actual decent dlc and a sequel further down the line then that’s pretty sweet.

I think IGN said Demon Souls is a complete remake, hopefully the fuckos put easy mode in this one!

Great reviews for TLOU 2 notably the stealth and gunplay being praised. Given they were my biggest gripe from the first one it bodes well.

Demon's Souls had an easy mode but it wasn't labeled as such, the Royal class trivialised much of the game waaay more than any other class in a 'Soulsborne.

Death Loop is almost guaranteed to be great coming from Arkane, I love their games so much. I just hope Bethesda keep their greedy hands off it, I dont want FO76 or Wolfenstein: Whatever like microtransactions and the like.

Ghostwire: Tokyo looks interesting, I adore that art style and Japanese horror tropes.

Edited by Merzbow

I like GTAV as much as anyone but they are on the verge of turning it into the next Skyrim at this rate. Unless there are some major additions it's an on sale purchase for me, if at all.

Now watch it be one of the only major launch titles.

I would have been more open to Red Dead 2 getting an upgrade. Guessing Red Dead Online isn't raking in enough cash compared to GTA Online.

I'm actually surprised that Bethesda haven't announced a Skyrim port yet.

Really looking forward to RE VIII.

Bit  underwhelmed by the PS5.  The 3d audio claims turned out to be bollocks as expected, it doesn’t even support Dolby Atmos.

The big change this hardware cycle is SSDs.  They completely transform how data will be managed and loaded, which is a very low level change that all game engines will need to support.  Other than that it’s more CPU, more memory.  The big innovations happen in the production process now - how games are made, the tools, the pipelines.

18 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I thought death loop looked quite decent as well. 

Agreed, it felt very Tarantino like in its presentation.

I’ll also be keeping an eye on Kena, it felt like a cross between Zelda and a Disney film.

All in all, the presentation had the desired effect on me. I’m far more likely to buy a PS5 on launch than I was before watching it. It all depends on price of course, particularly in this environment.