WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

On 5/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Thought I’d put it in here as everyone shared my love for the Yakuza series.

Takeshi Miike released a movie based on the first Yakuza game back in 2007 and I didn’t have a clue, I’m about 10 minutes into it and it’s bound to be shit but they’ve got the Kamurocho setting perfect.

Anything with Miike attached has an %90 chance of being shit.

Never rated him.

• Paid Members

Morning. I'm trying to figure out the name of a game. It's a few years old. I think PS3 gen.

Here's a description of the trailer.

It's a night time city scene, probably suburban Manhattan. Theres a gun fight in the rain. Cars used for cover. Characters jumping over cars, Dukes of Hazard style. Bullet time. Green bullet trace or maybe laser trace. Shadowy look to the game. Some form of mobile phone communication in game.

Can anyone remember which game it was? I think it had the word "dogs" in the title.  

37 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Morning. I'm trying to figure out the name of a game. It's a few years old. I think PS3 gen.

Here's a description of the trailer.

It's a night time city scene, probably suburban Manhattan. Theres a gun fight in the rain. Cars used for cover. Characters jumping over cars, Dukes of Hazard style. Bullet time. Green bullet trace or maybe laser trace. Shadowy look to the game. Some form of mobile phone communication in game.

Can anyone remember which game it was? I think it had the word "dogs" in the title.  

It's the first watch dogs game I think.

I played through SOR4 last night with the 14 year old. I was about done with the gameplay by the half way point but the sheer joy of sharing it with my non gaming teenage daughter and having her experience what I experienced all those years ago and her loving it just as much was pretty special.

A great moment arose when we stopped accidentally hitting each other for a second and we both twatted Mr Y at the same time to finish the boss and the game.

I was Axel and she was Cherry but I'm going Adam next time for the continuity.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BigJag said:

That's  it!

@The Curious Orange

A thousand thankyous. 

How'd the game do? Successful? 

It was one of those games which had an incredible trailer and tons of potential but didn't live up to the hype, I thought.

It must've done well enough though, they made a second and a third is on the way.

Watch Dogs was abit of a disappointment. Bit of a rubbish story and felt over hyped. The sequel fixed loads of its issues and was alot of fun. They went with a completely daft OTT story instead of the dreary original plus they went nuts with the hacking/gadgets. 

The madness you can cause especially with the drone is hilarious. Fly it over a gang hideout then hack one of the gangsters phones, framing him with the police. When they turn up to arrest him, hack the guy stood next to him and call in a rival gang hit squad to take him out. Then watch the war between two gangs and the police through your drone as you hide round the corner. When everyone is dead climb over a fence and rob the place. 

The San Francisco/Oakland location looks stunning too. I'd skip the original and start with the sequel. The main characters are completely different.

Has anyone played Hitman 2?

I remember enjoying the first one and saw the sequel for cheap on the Playstation Store so I got as I needed something to play.

I've only done the first mission in Miami so far but I'm finding it very average. I like how they've gone for a mini open world type setting but I'm not a fan of having to do the same mission over and over again with tiny slight tweaks. I'd much rather it just be regular missions.

• Paid Members

Has anybody actually had a look at Farming Simulator on PSN yet? I'm still plenty busy driving trains and Animal Crossing, but am in two minds over downloading it. I guess it'll depend on how involved it is.. Might download it and give it a look over the weekend. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Has anybody actually had a look at Farming Simulator on PSN yet? I'm still plenty busy driving trains and Animal Crossing, but am in two minds over downloading it. I guess it'll depend on how involved it is.. Might download it and give it a look over the weekend. 

Got it for the Xbox, at least one of the years, think it’s 17 or 19 and really like it. Some of the in house tunes on the Country radio station are bangers. 

Top tip. Get as many solar panels and windmills as you can as they are guaranteed money every year. And your silo can hold different types of grain. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Got it for the Xbox, at least one of the years, think it’s 17 or 19 and really like it. Some of the in house tunes on the Country radio station are bangers. 

Top tip. Get as many solar panels and windmills as you can as they are guaranteed money every year. And your silo can hold different types of grain. 

I've been watching a guy called Colonel Failure playing through on YouTube which I'm finding very entertaining, likewise his train sim playthroughs. The guy works for Dovetail as well, so sometimes turns up on their livestreams. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've been watching a guy called Colonel Failure playing through on YouTube which I'm finding very entertaining

You've been watching somebody else play a farming simulator on YouTube? Christ, I'd be looking forward to watching Death In Paradise too after that!

I've Played a little bit of Farming Simulator past couple of days and my 8 year old Daughter has enjoyed playing it, she hasn't got the full grasp of it but has the basics and she mainly just enjoys the animal side rather then crops, she has loads of Chickens.

I however have already lost countless hours to Cities:Skylines, damn that game is addictive once you get going on it and time just flies, Its always I'll just build this road and fix this Issue, then whilst fixing that something else pops up which leads to another thing and another thing then you've unlocked the next level of buildings and so on and so on 

I tuned it on the other night around 9.30ish and  thought I'd get an hour or so in before bed and the next thing I knew it was 1.30 in the morning

Edited by MVP RULZ