WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Apparently there's a petition going around protesting this month's PSPlus games. There was a fake leak that one of the titles was going to be a Dark Souls game, and people have gotten pissy that it was actually clickbait as opposed to the actual announcement so they're getting pissy about it l. I'm intrigued to see how it plays, and curious about how Cities Skylines works on console. Some people are just never happy 

To be honest neither of this months games interest me. A city builder and a farm builder are too similar and too time consuming for my PlayStation needs but you can see why they opted to go with them. I would have much preferred Dark Souls 3 to be the next FromSoft game I start, realise I'm shit at computer games and put aside for a later date but never play again.

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Apparently there's a petition going around protesting this month's PSPlus games. There was a fake leak that one of the titles was going to be a Dark Souls game, and people have gotten pissy that it was actually clickbait as opposed to the actual announcement so they're getting pissy about it l. I'm intrigued to see how it plays, and curious about how Cities Skylines works on console. Some people are just never happy 

Whatever the rumour was, these two titles are absolute stinkers given the circumstances. I know they gave away Uncharted as well for everyone, but a city building game and a farm building game for PS+ is pretty awful. 

I remember there being uproar when Pro Evo was gonna be one of the games and then on the day of the free games release they changed it to Detroit Become Human, so here’s  hoping they do the same.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I know they’re free so I’m in no position to complain but those games are a tough wank.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, quote the raven said:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/star-wars-battlefront-ii-xbox-one-code-799-at-amazon-3455395

Battlefront 2 is now 7.99 worth a punt? I will be playing offline. I loved the early versions but soured when it ditched a story mode. 

The story mode is decent and worth a punt. However they also have an online co-op mode which is the full scale battles of 40 player online but with three other humans on your team (the rest are very convincing bots). It's a great way to not feel cheesed by 13 year olds.

As of this week they have finished all content for Battlefront 2 (it's been a lot) as they now turn their attention to Battlefront 3.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

I bought Ring Fit “for the kids”.

it took me 15 minutes before I injured myself. Thankfully they were in bed when it happened.

I knew my exercise routine has been blown to shit but FFS. I’m supposed to be picking up and riding my new bike home today as well  

I've ordered Ring Fit as well!

What is the default difficulty that you all play games on? I started a NG+ on GoW at the hardest dificulty last night before realising that even the lowest end enemies could one hit kill me and what I really wanted from my second play through was to listen to my talking head companion to tell me more Norse mythological tales so I started a second NG+ on normal.

If anyone fancies playing God of War for the first time I highly recommend listening to Neil Gaimans' Norse Mythology alongside it. Definitely enhancing my second go round.

• Paid Members

I've decided just to play games on Easy. I just want to enjoy the world, and I find myself getting pissed off too quickly on harder difficulties - with GoW, for example, I started on Normal, and found the first boss too much of a ballache so just whacked it down to Easy. Really, really like GoW though.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Nexus said:

I've decided just to play games on Easy. I just want to enjoy the world, and I find myself getting pissed off too quickly on harder difficulties - with GoW, for example, I started on Normal, and found the first boss too much of a ballache so just whacked it down to Easy. Really, really like GoW though.

That first big fight is way tougher than anything you do again for a while anyway though, I have to say.

I do agree with you for the most part these days but that's one game where I enjoyed a harder difficulty because I found the combat mechanics very satisfying. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nexus said:

I've started doing this too. Life is stressful enough as an adult for me to spend ages getting the shit kicked out of me in video games like I did as a teenager. I find myself almost always playing on easy now. (I did play GoW on Normal though I think)

Edited by LaGoosh