Jump to content

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Awesome.

Speaking of Doom, Eternal looks like everything I don't want from a Doom game and I'm already starting to see a huge u-turn on the praise it was given day one. In a few years this'll be the least fondly remembered game to score around 90 on Metacritic.

The jumping puzzles are a bit odd and out of place, and I find the Slayer a bit of a sap compared to how he was characterised in the last game. But I think the combat is still good fun. I'm not too far in yet though. What are people saying is bad about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had three missed calls in three minutes from my 60 year old father a few years ago. He never calls so thought something awful had happened. I phoned back, and he answered with “Thanks for calling ba

Excuse my indulgence for a minute. This is more WHAT PLAY HER but my daughter has become a complete Minecraft convert this year. Blocks away for at least 30 mins a day. She has about a dozen worlds on

I’ve mentioned this before but my Dad is obsessed with the farming game, he’s got 500+hour saves on each game since 2015. He’s so protective over it as well, the Grandkids aren’t allowed anywhere near

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The jumping puzzles are a bit odd and out of place, and I find the Slayer a bit of a sap compared to how he was characterised in the last game. But I think the combat is still good fun. I'm not too far in yet though. What are people saying is bad about it?

A lot of it seems to be because of the overall tone of the game, the Slayer as you mentioned and small things like rip & tear losing viscerality. It just feels off and the level design unfinished as there's a lot of times where you can be killed for going "off map". There's supposedly a boss that's pissed a lot of people off, it stops the gameplay dead in it's tracks and isn't fun at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

A lot of it seems to be because of the overall tone of the game, the Slayer as you mentioned and small things like rip & tear losing viscerality. It just feels off and the level design unfinished as there's a lot of times where you can be killed for going "off map". There's supposedly a boss that's pissed a lot of people off, it stops the gameplay dead in it's tracks and isn't fun at all.

Is it the Marauder, by any chance? I very nearly tapped out when he turned up. Unfortunately, you get the pleasure of fighting a fair few of them during the second half of the game, and every single time is an absolute chore of the highest order. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on your library. I've never dabbled because I can't justify the spend when I already buy games quicker than I'm playing through them but if you have the time and the gaps in your library it doesn't seem the worst value. 

I will use up my free trial plus a months sub one day just to play Red Dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
9 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Would you guy recommend a ps now subscription, or is it just junk they couldn't justify selling on it's own? 

Recently they've had some pretty good games. I heard April's will be Uncharted 4. If you get it soon the current games are Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces and you can keep them for as long as your subscription lasts.

Edit - sorry this is Playstation Plus.

Edited by Weezenal
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

Recently they've had some pretty good games. I heard April's will be Uncharted 4. If you get it soon the current games are Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces and you can keep them for as long as your subscription lasts.

That's PS Plus. PS Now is the streaming service. 

I've had it for 3 months and it has allowed me to play games I otherwise wouldn't have bothered with. I'm really only interested in big titles these days, so I only buy games a couple of times a year. I bought PS Now for £38 for a year's subscription, and there's a ton of games to fill the void. Loads I've played and have enjoyed replaying, some new I'd not bothered with, and an absolute shit load of fluff that can be fun on coach co-op. I've even got my wife to play some. 

I'd say it's worth the money, but don't expect huge titles to appear. I they had GTA V on it last year, but the likes of RDR2 won't appear for a good few years yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Microsoft are very late with their Games With Gold announcement for April. Obviously this will be, in some ways, due to Coronavirus but I wonder if they've been working on getting some really good games for their customers seeing as they're stuck at home. The GWG games have been mostly shit for a while now.

Side note- how obsessive are Daily Express in trying to get clicks for GWG announcements? Whenever I use Google to search for the latest announcement, there are loads of clickbait links to the Express, ultimately saying nothing because the announcements haven't been made yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
27 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Microsoft are very late with their Games With Gold announcement for April. Obviously this will be, in some ways, due to Coronavirus but I wonder if they've been working on getting some really good games for their customers seeing as they're stuck at home. The GWG games have been mostly shit for a while now.

They've not announced it, but Fable Anniversary and Project CARS 2 are already available for people in later timezones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Would you guy recommend a ps now subscription, or is it just junk they couldn't justify selling on it's own? 

I've just subbed to that as well, and I'm enjoying it. Red Dead was my first port of call, while I've enjoyed blasting fools in Doom.

At the price it is, I'll probably keep it going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Just finished Bioshock Infinite's DLC. Enjoyed it more than the game; even doing Episode 2 stealthy like was quite fun.

 

Still think it goes 1>2>3 for order, though.

 

I was also thinking that this might be the first DLC I've ever actually finished in a game. Don't usually buy it, but it came free with PS+

Link to post
Share on other sites

Daft question. I’m on a MacBook and I’ve enjoyed the free play of Football Manager and will buy it. I don’t have to buy it from their site do I? Or can I get it via Steam for cheaper? Also is it a case of I can get a game from Steam if it has the Apple logo? Ain’t got a clue about specs but my Mac is running the latest os. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • neil locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...