WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

It usually takes 2-3 weeks, but most of Nintendo's repair centres seem to be closed at the moment (and even if they're open, there are huge delays everywhere so it's impossible to say how long it might take to get anything sorted at the moment). If the place where you bought it from is still open, and if you've still got the receipt, contact the shop to arrange a replacement. If that's not an option, contact Nintendo's customer service (online live chat or by phone) and see what they suggest. They might at least make a note of the issue and agree to fix it when things start to settle down a bit. I'd probably be hunting around online for a new set of Joycons just in case. Most deliveries are taking longer than usual, so if you were to put an order in today, you might get something by this time next week if you're lucky.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, pitseleh said:

Been on the fence about getting a Switch, but I ended up getting an old DS with a flashcard to kill time instead. Any under the radar game recommendations? Already got a bunch of RPGs downloaded, so I don't need anymore of them. 

DS or 3DS?

14 hours ago, pitseleh said:

Been on the fence about getting a Switch, but I ended up getting an old DS with a flashcard to kill time instead. Any under the radar game recommendations? Already got a bunch of RPGs downloaded, so I don't need anymore of them. 

All three Castlevania games are excellent, but you probably know about them.

Elite Beat Agents is great fun, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is the same game pretty much but with a Japanese storyline and music.
Tony Hawk's American Sk8land is almost as good as any of the main console releases and probably better than Wasteland as it ditches some of the nonsense from that.

18 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Anyone got any left field recommendations for Games Pass?

Inevitably I'm gonna do it wrong and play loads of weird hipster indy games, so some tips would be nice. Demon's Tilt and Creature in the Well are competing to scratch similar not quite pinbally itches at the moment.

Children of Morta, Enter the Gungeon, My Friend Pedro, Moonlighter and My Time at Portia for indie stuff.

Sunset Overdrive is one alot of people missed playing as it was an early Xbox One game but its still alot of fun. Ryse Son of Rome is another solid early one.

Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami have recently been added and are awesome. Streets of Rage 4 out tomorrow on Game Pass!!

• Awards Moderator
On 4/10/2020 at 10:41 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m a Skate player so It makes it a buy now.

Bad luck. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-29-streets-of-rage-4-review-beloved-beat-em-up-gets-the-sonic-mania-treatment

"Cherry is a straight-up replacement for the nimble, combo-friendly Skate.

Except Cherry is better than Skate ever was" 

3 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Bad luck. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-29-streets-of-rage-4-review-beloved-beat-em-up-gets-the-sonic-mania-treatment

"Cherry is a straight-up replacement for the nimble, combo-friendly Skate.

Except Cherry is better than Skate ever was" 

Then go on to say in the next sentence...

and apologies if you think this is sacrilege - Streets of Rage 4 is simply a better game than its predecessors”

Not buying that either.

• Paid Members

Cities Skylines and Farming Simulator 2019 on PSN next month. Both time sinks for while people are furloughed and on lockdown. 

XBox Live has V-Rally 4, Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor, Sebsible World Of Soccer, and Overlord 2.

Downloading SOR4, let’s see what all the fuss is about.

Edit: Just played around with Story mode for about 30 minutes and it’s fun, quite hard too(reached level 3 so far) I like the fact that your scores add up throughout your playthroughs to unlock things, might try online mode later.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

It's so good. Just played through the first two levels, changed the controls to the Retro setting, mapped the buttons to be the same as they are on the PS4 Mega Drive Collection, and it plays like a dream. Brilliant mix of nostalgia and innovation - it doesn't feel like reinventing the wheel, but there's so many nice little additions and fun touches to lift it beyond being an exercise in nostalgia. 

It's challenging, too! The second level boss kicked my arse. 

I've only played as Axel so far, but I'll definitely try a playthrough with every character.

35 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I've only played as Axel so far, but I'll definitely try a playthrough with every character.

Played as Axel and Blaze and struggled to get to level 3, out of complete stubbornness I didn’t want to use Cherry but now that I am I’m whizzing through it.