WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator

Exactly what @LaGooshsaid. I don't have enough hours in the week to GIT GUD so I'd rather roll over a campaign like a god. It still takes me weeks. I pushed Fallen Order down to pleb mode because I just wanted to finish it. 

Ha definitely makes me feel less shit at computer games to know I'm in good company. The problem i get with easy mode is that it's too easy to just go through the motions and some games, like GoW or Spider-Man you can miss a hugely enjoyable part of the experience by mashing through enemies. 

I did start AC Odyssey on hard but found the waiting times between deaths to be so ballachingly long I soon knocked it down to normal after the first island took about 5 hours.

Bloodborne can just fuck off though, the inaccessible twat.

• Paid Members

I've been playing through Mario oddesy and must say it's good fun. It's not quite taking over the love I have for 64, which I replay evey few years because I enjoy it so much, but it's been a real blast to play and I'll be sticking with it to find all those sneaky hiden moons.

Is there any plan to stick anything from the 64 in the switch like they have SNES & nes? It's obviously great to play through Mario world and the original Mario Kart but some 64 bits would be Fan-Dabi-Dozi.

Nintendo did say they didn't see themselves doing a 64 mini so you'd think they were heading in that direction but they'd probably make a shit load of money giving their better titles remasters and throwing them in collections like the rumorured Mario one so who knows. 

There is still the rumour that we're getting remasters of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy on the switch at some point, get those and some HD upscales of the 3ds Zelda remakes out for the switch as well and you’ve pretty much made a N64 Mini unnecessary.

• Paid Members

Me and my kids have been playing Super Mario Maker 2 over the past week. Loads of fun and addictive, I spend a good couple of hours creating each level. My son just creates a ridiculously difficult level with 50 Bowsers and called them Noooo, Nooooo v2 etc. 

• Paid Members

Finished God of War. Really, really enjoyed it. I might continue to troll around and do some of the side stuff, but I got pissed off with the Muspelheim don't get hit trial so won't ever 100% it!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Did you kill that last valkyrie? Sigrid I think her name is. Fuck me that's a tough fight..

Haven't managed to kill any of the Valkyries! It's on my list of things to do; I think I might grind the armour and stuff from Niflheim (although I shit myself when I ran into a Valkyrie there) and then have a go at the rest. I'll see how I feel about it. 

The Valkyries are the hardest thing I faced on the game.

My hope is that PlayStation continue to underwhelm on the build up to PS5 then drop a God of War 2 trailer at the last minute rendering all XBox's fine work pointless  (in my eyes at least).

Edited by Mr_Danger

Thought I’d put it in here as everyone shared my love for the Yakuza series.

Takeshi Miike released a movie based on the first Yakuza game back in 2007 and I didn’t have a clue, I’m about 10 minutes into it and it’s bound to be shit but they’ve got the Kamurocho setting perfect.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I had a little dabble on the Dreams demo last night. Looks very tidy, like a YouTube for games. It was only £25 but it's gone back up to £35 so I'm not sure I'll get enough use out of it but if it drops again I might take a punt. I'll never create anything but it's the closest I'll ever get to playing P.T.

I can see it being something that gets baked in to whatever subscription service launches with PS5.