WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I didn’t like the look of it through most of the trailers then the latest one came out this week which revealed it allows you to play as all the older characters from the previous games, I’m a Skate player so It makes it a buy now.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m a Skate player

This explains so much. 

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I was excited when I saw this post as I didn't know this game was coming.. Just head a look at the trailer and I have to say the art style is pretty disappointing 😒

I think it looks luvverly. Very Street Fighter Alpha. 

• Paid Members

It's a very different graphical style from the older games, but has some interesting features. It had a pretty generic sounding rock soundtrack early in development, but sounds like the soundtrack has been reworked more in line with the style of Yuzo Koshiro' s soundtracks to the other three. It looks interesting. I'll end up with it in my possession eventually. 

• Awards Moderator
Just now, jazzygeofferz said:

sounds like the soundtrack has been reworked more in line with the style of Yuzo Koshiro

Yuzo Koshiro is on the soundtrack. Plus other people who aren't Yuzo Koshiro. 

Led by Olivier Derivière the soundtrack of Streets of Rage 4 will be composed by not only an all-star ensemble of Japanese memorable musical architects in the video game history but also by 4 Western rising stars:

Yūzō Koshiro

Motohiro Kawashima

Yoko Shimomura

Harumi Fujita

Keiji Yamagishi

Scattle

Das Mörtal

XL Middleton

Groundislava

8 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

People looking for full fat Nintendo Switches:

Amazon have the neon available for pre-order due in 24th April.

Argos have collect in store available in a lot of locations from next Wednesday.

Cracking.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:42 PM, SuperBacon said:

Not sure if it fits in here or the other gaming thread, but any other Geoguessr players?

Came to it via watching Geowizard walk Wales in a straight line, then by seeing that he was mostly known for playing the game and have just signed up, and have been playing along with my eldest (as she loves the videos too. Also been playing Google Earth Bingo along with him; basically someone gives you a list of things to find and you have a time limit to do so)

Only going with the free version for now, but despite it taking us absolutely ages, we didn't do too badly on our first go, and it's definitely something i'll be sticking at, despite me having one of the worst directional senses I've ever known. Find me on there as GARRYBACON1985 if you so wish.

Getting better at this, and just got my first perfect score, and it's all down to @tiger_rick's hometown. Spent 25 minutes looking around Kingswood, Bransholme and surrounding areas, before realising I was outside the Ennerdale Leisure Centre.

Discovered some lovely bridges as well. I'm going to have to get the full version of this.

I've just started Red Dead 2. While I'm not as bothered by the slower pace as others, I can't stand the idea of having to maintain your cores and it seems like you are supposed to also do things like hunt to feed the camp. Are you able to turn these features off or just pure ignore them without it impacting the game? It's putting me off going back in. My gaming time is limited due to having young kids and I go do without this extra bloat taking up time.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:55 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

I was excited when I saw this post as I didn't know this game was coming.. Just head a look at the trailer and I have to say the art style is pretty disappointing 😒

Yeah that style does nothing for me, I'm afraid. 

Streets of Rage Remake has been the real Streets of Rage 4 for years anyway. It's basically exactly what you'd want from something of that undertaking, and exactly what you'd want from something like TimeSplitters moving forward. Just every single level, sprite, weapon, tune and character from all three previous games lumped together in one giant, souped up celebration of the series. 

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find a place to download it, still!

4 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

You can pretty much ignore them but if you're limited for time RDR2 probably isn't for you. It's a massive and very long game.

It's frustrating as I love the setting and I actually didn't mind the slow start. I'm about four hours in so will try get to about ten and decide from there if I will keep going. By that point I'm hoping I can work out which bits I'm able to not bother with and if I'm still enjoying it.

Yeah fuck the camp but if you are pushed for time just go hunting, by far my favourite thing to do in the entire game. Think of cores as like your power ups, it'll enhance you if you keep them maintained but you can skate by without too much maintenance.

If you can muddle through to about chapter 3 I think you can pretty much do whatever the game has to offer without having to advance the story.

• Paid Members

Like with the Resi 2 remake, 3 didn't match up to the original for me but I'm still happy it exists. The originals aren't going anywhere, I'll still happily play them often, having a modern reimagining going into the rotation can't hurt. 3 actually really stands out by being so different from its original, it was a cracking 5-ish hour action game with no fat, and probably now my favourite woman protagonist in a game with the new Jill, who puts the boring new Claire, Leon and the now aidsy, anorexic and on hunger-strike Chris Redfield to shame. Can see me replaying it pretty often.

It saddens me how much of a weed the new Nemesis is, though. Couldn't even kill *I've forgot how to spoiler* this time!

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

Managed to get Mastery Level 1 on the Great Western Express stuff tonight. Don't know whether to crack on with the rest of the timetables and scenarios for that particular set, or try some of the Long Island Rail Road stuff for a bit of a change then come back to it.

I also did the fishing tournament today on Animal Crossing, but didn't craft enough bait, so only caught 3 middling fish. I may stock up on Manila Clams ahead of the next one, especially as bags of bait stack to 10 in your inventory. I've got an assload of hardwood to get rid of. I'm just keeping my eye on what the next hot items may be at Nook's Cranny.

• Paid Members

@jazzygeofferz Never seen the train sim game but if you can drive west from Reading, about four or five stops down, you’ll get to Thatcham, my home town! When you pass through think of me at the crossing where I’ve been sat for the last twenty minutes! 

Edited by waters44