WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, waters44 said:

@jazzygeofferz Never seen the train sim game but if you can drive west from Reading, about four or five stops down, you’ll get to Thatcham, my home town! When you pass through think of me at the crossing where I’ve been sat for the last twenty minutes! 

The GWR in game only runs from Paddington to Reading. Looks pretty accurate, though.

• Paid Members
On 4/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

This game is really growing on me actually. It's not as shit as I thought it was at first - it looks crap, the loading times are horrendous and the combat is terrible. But the mechanics of sailing and the treasure hunting is pretty good!.Good fun to play to catch up with friends as it's very casual and relaxed.

Xbox seemed to have massive hopes for Sea of Thieves, they pushed it so hard for months before and after its release hoping it would be the next big multi player hit, but from what I can gather, it never really caught on. I'm not into online multiplayer at all, so I was never going to get it, but I do love the look and the theme of the game.

So, outside of the Monkey Island series, what are some of the best pirate games of all time?

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

So, outside of the Monkey Island series, what are some of the best pirate games of all time?

I think Assassin's Creed Black Flag is ace. It separates itself from the usual AC formula by including naval battles (against other ships and fortresses), diving expeditions etc. Discovering and exploring different island was tonnes of fun and whaling was pretty cool too. It had the hunting and crafting feature which helped make the Far Cry series enjoyable. Plus, like the other AC games, it is based on real historic characters. Black Flag and Odyssey (which I'm playing at the moment) are both far more than Assassin's Creed games, they outgrew the series. 

• Moderators

I haven't played it, but I assume Lego Pirates of the Caribbean was good. I can't think of any. I would play the hell out of a good pirate game. The Assassin's Creed one was crap, from the ten minutes I played. I didn't give it a chance at all tbh. I might go back and try it again.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Definitely give it another go, as soon as you start getting out to the sea it opens up so much. 

Lego Pirates is good, but not as good as the Marvel, Star Wars and DC games they've done. It's quite funny in parts, but lacks the characters the other Lego games have.

• Paid Members

Is there enough FF7R hype to warrant its own thread, or should it be kept here (tagged, obvs) first? I have a really big beef to vent about it.

54 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I think Assassin's Creed Black Flag is ace. It separates itself from the usual AC formula by including naval battles (against other ships and fortresses), diving expeditions etc. Discovering and exploring different island was tonnes of fun and whaling was pretty cool too. It had the hunting and crafting feature which helped make the Far Cry series enjoyable. Plus, like the other AC games, it is based on real historic characters. Black Flag and Odyssey (which I'm playing at the moment) are both far more than Assassin's Creed games, they outgrew the series. 

How many people have you shagged and who are you playing as? My Cassandra peaked when she shagged a haggedy old woman all night long.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

How many people have you shagged and who are you playing as? My Cassandra peaked when she shagged a haggedy old woman all night long.

Ha. I’m playing it at the moment. I’m also cass and yes I helped out that old lady while her husband stayed outside. 

The game suffers from everything being the same. The side missions are all the same once you do the first island it’s rinse and repeat. That said I have found and tamed an alfa bear. I added the inscription to make it stronger and it’s now a tank. It’s capable of clearing camps more of less on its own 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Pirates! (Gold) was a weird pirate-management sim, in the peak Microprose era when all their titles were themed mini games servicing a greater plot. Top Amiga action. 

• Paid Members

Playing GTA Vice City and literally into the hundreds of attempts on The Driver mission. I don't mind the fact it's so hard as I'm gradually getting closer and closer to passing it. But I do object to doing this for such a ridiculous premise: that a getaway driver won't take a job from somebody until they beat him in a race. What a shit business model.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Kassandra obviously (who the fuck chooses to be the dude) and I'm on three so far- including the same old hag while her husband was happily cucked.

Imagine the sex between her and Geralt of Rivia, the pair of slags.

1 hour ago, JNLister said:

Playing GTA Vice City and literally into the hundreds of attempts on The Driver mission. I don't mind the fact it's so hard as I'm gradually getting closer and closer to passing it. But I do object to doing this for such a ridiculous premise: that a getaway driver won't take a job from somebody until they beat him in a race. What a shit business model.

I always remmebe those missions for the Geek guy with the remote control vehicles... I never did complete them

Given their reservations about not having anything to say in a world where Donald Trump is president and everyone is offended by everything therefore making the most ridiculous parody of society redundant I'd love them to do another period piece for GTA 6.

I think we're far enough removed from og San Andreas to have a 90's GTA set there.

Either that or a comlpletely new location.