Sign in to follow this  
TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

The Joycons are absolutely wank. I've had two repaired, one of them is already doing that weird 'pulling to the right' thing again and on another one the left stick no longer works as a button. 

No problems here as yet... Seems like it is very hit and miss though and I've just been lucky!

Dead Cells is great btw; thanks for the recommend @Bicurious Dad. I'm very tired this morning...

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I’ve been playing Pokemon Sword and...it’s perfectly fine. But is there an NPC anywhere in the Pokemon world who doesn’t talk about Pokemon or something Pokemon related? I’m not trying to be snarky or something, that’s nothing more than a random wondering I had while playing this game.

Outside of that, I’ve just completed Axiom Verge on Switch. Again. It’s exactly what I’d always wanted from recent 2D Metroid games but haven’t got and I can’t bloody wait for the sequel.

Has anybody here gone all digital with their game purchases? I'm tempted to go all digital but the old school in me is calling me to keep buying discs.

Doesn't help the physical cause when websites like Game are so poor and make it hard to just browse through as the filters are pish.

I'm almost all digital now.

Imo physical is pretty much worthless now we are in the day one mega patch era. Only buy physical if it's a franchise I'm a huge fan of (Yakuza and Shin Megami Tensei for example) or if I see something cheap.

6 minutes ago, iMPACt! said:

Has anybody here gone all digital with their game purchases? I'm tempted to go all digital but the old school in me is calling me to keep buying discs.

Doesn't help the physical cause when websites like Game are so poor and make it hard to just browse through as the filters are pish.

I generally buy discs so once I’m done with them I can at least get some money back from CEX .

Only go digital for games that aren’t released on disc or are cheap in the sale compared to that in shops and vice versa. 

I’ve kept hold of my Yakuza games on PS4 as they’re steel books but other then that everything I own is on the system.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Yeah I bought a few in a digital sale but it's weird I feel like I'm not really owning something. Plus when they aren't in the sale the prices are crazy compared to physical.

If it's a new AAA game i'll always buy physical copies so I can sell them on but I'll often buy others cheap in digital sales or if it's on PC where physical games are dead and have been for like a decade now.

I've bought physical copies of games that I've then picked up digitally when they've gone on sale so that I don't have to put the disc in because I'm a lazy bastard.  I can't wait for RDR2 to go for sub £20 digitally.

Edited by johnnyboy

I try to get digital where possible, because getting up and changing discs is an even bigger chore than putting the rubbish out. 

On 1/21/2020 at 8:08 AM, PunkStep said:

The Joycons are absolutely wank. I've had two repaired, one of them is already doing that weird 'pulling to the right' thing again and on another one the left stick no longer works as a button. 

Yep, thàts my issue. Left analog stick won't "click" as a button when pressed.

Pretty easy to arrange a warranty repair right enough but not what you would expect from a company of Nintendo's history & standing.

I too am a lazy bastard but another factor is that when I get a PS5 I'll have a shit ton of games in the cloud that I can play. It helps that my little arsehole son can't eject digital games and slide them under the sofa. The premium you pay on a digital copy is worth it for the indestructability. 

The price of digital copies is a complete rip off compared to physical copies and their resellability. I don't care how convenient it is when you can buy a second hand copy of a month old game for £20 compared to the digital copy costing up to 3 times as much. Especially when you can then resell it yourself when done and recoup a good portion, if not all, of the money you spent on it. That digital copy will always cost you £60 long after you've finished it and never play it again. 

I don't have enough money to be too lazy to swap a disc over. 

I tend to go digital because there isn't a decent second-hand games place near me, so aside from when I pop into CEX elsewhere and might pick something up for a fiver, I'm most likely to find cheap games in PS Store sales than in physical copies. But the internet contract I'm on is limited to a maximum usage per month, and I'm always paranoid that downloading a 40GB+ game will burn through that way too quickly, so tend to only end up downloading smaller games anyway.

The price point is the main reason I haven't ended up with more Switch games - there are plenty I want, but I struggle to justify the full price, and they never go down in price either physically or digitally.