WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Finally have the Crash and Spiro trilogies downloading. Can't wait to get stuck in! Ms. FOOK will play along too so it'll be good fun. Even with Steam decent local split screen is still slim pickings. It's just not the PC's thing. So these kind of games where we just take turns are a better laugh. 

Digging the Forest too. Decent survival game. I can tell I'll get sick of it before long though. 

1 minute ago, Lorne Malvo said:

@Gay as FOOK Get ready to start pulling your hair out over some of Crash's later stages. The first two are so much harder than I remembered.

Got 100% on those over the last few weeks, gonna have a blast on something else for a while before I get stuck into Crash 3.

There's a slight change to the remasters which messes up the hitboxes, makes then tougher.

• Awards Moderator
17 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

It’s the most impressive and immersive VR game I’ve played, but it still has a fairly open-ended game style that doesn’t offer much outside of exploration and crafting. The motion controls can be a bit fiddly but you work around them. If you can get it for £25 or less then definitely but don’t go full price.

Thanks. The lack of overriding narrative is probably the deal breaker for me, without a story I get bored quickly. Open world games are great an' all but I do need something fixed to focus on otherwise it doesn't hold my interest. 

It's £15 at the moment but I'll probably still skip it. 

I'm still choosing between God of War and Outer Wilds at the moment. I'm really drawn into the Outer Wilds' time loop mechanic. 

I'm reading really great things about the FF7 remake but my impression from the demo was that it's great looking but hokey and button mashing. Any first hand impressions on here? Might as well reinvest my TLOU pt2 preorder.

• Paid Members

Train Sim World for a tenner on XBox Live is really tempting me at the moment. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Do you have GamePass as it's on there?  I would totally get it for a tenner, maybe treat yourself to the Deluxe edition!

Deluxe edition is £16. I'm just not sure I can get away with it this month, although with the money I'm not spending on snacks on my way home from work (due to not being at work/eating better) I might be able to afford it. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s fucking ace. Remember to wave at trains coming the other way like you’re a metro link driver. 

There's all kinds of mods online for the PC version. I've seen one where you're doing the old Blackpool trams. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a Metrolink one out already. 

• Paid Members

Hot diggety dog, I never thought I'd be getting so excited about going to Leeds. Well, there was that punk festival that I can't get to now. @johnnyboy you are a true gentleman. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I just got this in Animal Crossing, I assume this means I’ve completed the game?

4E4CA0FE-F113-449D-8F04-8851B0B79C1E.jpeg

A mate of mine has four different ones! So there's more to go.

I've got myself a Lucha mask, which I'm very happy with. There's also apparently a full-size ring you can get.

4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I'm reading really great things about the FF7 remake but my impression from the demo was that it's great looking but hokey and button mashing. Any first hand impressions on here? Might as well reinvest my TLOU pt2 preorder.

I found the demo an absolute slog. Without the nostalgia for the characters, I'd have given up even earlier than it did. Tedious, unengaging gameplay.

• Paid Members

The ring has red and blue corners, and two neutral corners. There's also a crowd wallpaper which is animated with camera flashes etc. 

Bit late, but lockdown has meant I've finally had enough time to start Red Dead Redemption 2. I've managed to avoid spoilers since it came out. Maybe the current climate has got me paranoid, but I'm starting to worry about this cough Arthur seems to have.