WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

The Nathan Drake collection and Journey are free on PS4. As in you don't need a PS plus sub or anything. 

If you like Journey, Flow and Flower tend to be free on PSN quite a bit as well. 

• Paid Members

So my COVID-19 Nintendo Switch arrived yesterday after ordering it from GAME last week, and I wanted to pull together a list of games I should get. The console came with Mario Kart, and I've already bought Breath of the Wild (obvi), but wanted to know what else is top notch? I doubt I'll be doing much online play, but hope to do some local multiplayer (I've managed to get the wife to play mario kart, which is a major win). Smash brothers is probably next on my list from my days of playing the first 3 to death. Odyssey seems obvious, but not sure beyond that?

• Awards Moderator
47 minutes ago, Duke said:

So my COVID-19 Nintendo Switch arrived yesterday after ordering it from GAME last week, and I wanted to pull together a list of games I should get. The console came with Mario Kart, and I've already bought Breath of the Wild (obvi), but wanted to know what else is top notch? I doubt I'll be doing much online play, but hope to do some local multiplayer (I've managed to get the wife to play mario kart, which is a major win). Smash brothers is probably next on my list from my days of playing the first 3 to death. Odyssey seems obvious, but not sure beyond that?

For Local Multiplayer Mario Party is great. We've poured hours into that, even with a small amount of maps. If you haven't Goose Gamed yet, get on that. It's perfectly at home on the Switch.

• Paid Members

If you've paid fo online the SNES and NES stuff on there has a couple of multiplayer games on there as well. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

For Local Multiplayer Mario Party is great. We've poured hours into that, even with a small amount of maps. If you haven't Goose Gamed yet, get on that. It's perfectly at home on the Switch.

Got goose game on my pc. It's wonderful. 

Just picked up my new Switch from Argos!  First proper Nintendo console I’ve owned since I was a teenager.  Zelda this afternoon, Mario Kart this evening.

I’m probably going to spend a lot on retro titles.

So the switch store is a mess, my advice is to go into the current offers section, there are loads of smaller games dirt cheap. Any you like, give them a google for reviews and videos and then purchase or not based on that.

Finally found a physical copy of Final Fantasy 7 remake in Tesco whilst doing my weekly shop this morning, so currently installing and looking forward to playing it.

They had various Nintendo Switch Lites for sale at £200 and I was seriously contemplating picking one up, what’s the difference between this and a normal Switch? 

42 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

So the switch store is a mess, my advice is to go into the current offers section, there are loads of smaller games dirt cheap. Any you like, give them a google for reviews and videos and then purchase or not based on that.

https://psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?platform=Switch&sort=percent

Use this to search the sales, much easier than doing it on the console.