WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I keep dipping onto GTA5 on my PS4, but hate getting taken out by players hundreds of levels above me while I try to do jobs. It does my head in that I can't go on a private server and do them. I get that it wants the danger there, but just give me a wanted level. I know the single player story is there for that, but sometimes I want to make my own fun. I think that's why I enjoy the train thing, because its just getting from A to B, and occasionally wandering around the stations looking for stuff. Forza is the same, sometimes I just want to drive around the map rather than doing races. I bet I'd enjoy Mudrunner or Snowrunner. I think they go some way to satisfying my wanderlust. 

I used to solo session in GTA V most of the time in the past. Is that not a thing anymore? 

• Paid Members

Yep you can do a passive mode on GTA Online although I don’t know if it effects any jobs or anything.

I logged on today for the first time in years and the shoot button wouldn’t work! Lots of people have the same problem, and it’s only fixed by getting a new controller. Luckily I’ve got a spare, but what a weird glitch to have. R2 would still work for drive (and cover if you swap control type) but just wouldn’t work for shooting

I’m going to platinum San Andreas first and then immerse myself in GTA V completely afterwards, any PS4 players who fancy a heist let me know! I’ve only done the first few 

Booted up my New Vegas save after talking about it here a few pages back and got sucked back in. Then got equally surprised as I did the first time when finishing Hoover Dam takes you back to the title screen, pending reloading from the point of no return. I always think it just continues on like GTA or Elder Scrolls, and it always catches of off guard. I might load it back up and install the DLCs as I've never played any of them.

I did have good fun absolutely slogging it through Hoover Dam way too underpowered, capping enemies one at a time and constantly reloading autosaves until eventually beating Legate Lanius by robbing every last bottle of dirty water and all the healing powders from the Legion tent's footlockers and running backwards from him taking constant potshots. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Then got equally surprised as I did the first time when finishing Hoover Dam takes you back to the title screen, pending reloading from the point of no return

Words cannot express how furious I was when this happened. All of those incomplete side missions and everything. What a load of bollocks.

The kids have hijacked my GTA V. Don't worry, I turn the volume down and they just soup up their cars and take Chop Chop for a walk.

Failing that, they take ages to go up the mountain, then botch their parachute jumps. The noobs.

I'd like to see the next one go to 80s New York, Warriors style.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

I used to solo session in GTA V most of the time in the past. Is that not a thing anymore? 

I can solo session on a private server, but presumably I need other people on it to do any of the jobs. You can have a passive mode so people won't randomly kill you on a public server while you're travelling around, but if you start doing a job it turns it off. Sometimes people are leaving me to do the jobs just because my character is such a low level and I presume there's not a lot of XP to be gained by making me fail in my duties. I don't know whether it'd be different if there were several people on a private server together all just going about their business rather than just one person. I'm on PS4 if anybody wants to give it a try? Not oo late at night though, as I'll have trains to drive. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

On 4/12/2020 at 9:49 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

The GWR in game only runs from Paddington to Reading. Looks pretty accurate, though.

It's a shame it hasn't got any of the Devon stretch, especially Exeter to Newton abbot which is a lovely scenic bit of railway.

• Paid Members

I've seen some mods for the PC version of Train Simulator (same devs/publisher, different engine) which have some really nicely recreated stretches of line. One is Birmingham Snow Hill to Marylebone, which is about 150 miles. It wouldn't surprise me if there was an entirely accurate recreation of the whole of the GWR recreated by somebody. The run down the south coast from about Dawlish through to Cornwall is a beautiful stretch of line. 

EDIT: I was contemplating trying to clear the timetable for Great Western Express before I started on the Long Island Rail Road, but there's over 300 services in there. I think I'll do the "journeys" portion then take my "skills" to New York. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Hey folks.

Are there any really fun easy to play online multi player games such as Worms or something similar that can be played in a web browser or a phone /tablet or laptop ?

My buddies aren’t gamers and don’t all have PC’s or consoles but I was wondering if there are any games we could all play over the Internet together ?

Installing Fallout 76 as we speak. I feel a bit dirty, but the combination of self isolation and the new Wastelanders update have won me over. I'll take a new map to explore and human NPCs with New Vegas style dialogue trees in exchange for all manner of macabre bugs and glitches. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

The Nathan Drake collection and Journey are free on PS4. As in you don't need a PS plus sub or anything. 

I never quite understood the general love of Journey, but there are few better ways to game my way through lockdown than by revisiting the Uncharted series.