TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

Games, even at £60 aren't expensive. They're like the least inflated thing in the last 25 years. Obviously it's comparative to what you as an individual can afford but for a potential 50 hours plus of entertainment on a AAA game you get your money's worth, as long as you do your homework and know your tastes.

3 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

PS Now is great value for money. £50 a year with a huge library of all types of games, and now with the ability to download some titles them rather than stream. You might not get new releases, but it's still a decent service.

And if you miss a bill or two and have to cancel, then the DLs are all you have assuming they can be played offline. Yes, that's a semi-luddite attitude, but it's true. Physicals still have some life in them.

(PS Now is £108 a year btw)

If you only buy a month at a time it's £108, it's £49.99 for a year's subscription - even at that you can find it cheaper online, CD Keys have a year's subscription for £39.69.

Another, elbeit minor issue, is loss of licensing rights mean digital copies disappear for good.

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour and Amazing Spiderman 2 spring to mind (physical copies go for crazy money now, at least they used to).

2 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

If you only buy a month at a time it's £108, it's £49.99 for a year's subscription - even at that you can find it cheaper online, CD Keys have a year's subscription for £39.69.

Cheers for the heads up with CD Keys. Just purchased a year's subscription. 

That's just over £3 a month for a ton of games. Absolute bargain. 

Yeah i always check cdkeys, had some great deals on PS Plus too. Sometimes they just straight up sell the wallet top ups at a discount.

Madden 20 has a spectacular bug in the QB1 Face of the Franchise mode where your create a QB is the only character you control.

I play at one of the higher difficulty levels so I was expecting challenging games, but I noticed that I was losing an awful lot of tight ones, especially ones where I'd put the team in a good position to score a field goal.  (If your QB isn't playing on offence then everything else is simmed).

Turns out that rather than missing the kick my kicker either wasn't attempting kicks at all or was calling Fake FG Run plays.

IRL fake field goals are in low single figures for the entire league over a season (I can remember one in the season just gone).  My boy Randy, when the AI team management took over, was calling for a fake field goal over 70% of the time, failing, and subsequently fucking me over.

Turns out many people are having as much fun with the kickers as I am.

Wasn't sure where best to ask this...

I've been thinking of buying a cheap PS3, to catch up on a few games I missed but mostly as a means of getting Netflix/iPlayer in our secondary living room. My question is, are these apps still supported on PS3 and still likely to be supported in the long-run?

Yeah, in the past I've found Roku devices to be slow and a bit of a slog to navigate but I've banned myself from giving those Amazon cunts anymore of my money, so it looks like that will have to do.