WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Still playing Elite Dangerous. I’ve found a system that is run by the Communist faction so I’ve moved all my ships there and doing all the missions I can for them. I’m increasing their influence and doing wet work against their enemies and dissenters. 

I serve the New HP48883 Union. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I've spent a load of time on Rogue Legacy and Dead Cells equally and I honestly cannot pick my favourite. Both are brilliant and both have their pro's over the other. If Dead Cells were on Vita, then it would absolutely be my pick out of the two though.

It's got remote play, but then you've got to find a decent network connection wherever you are with your Vita. 

I’ve been playing Pokemon Sword and...it’s perfectly fine. But is there an NPC anywhere in the Pokemon world who doesn’t talk about Pokemon or something Pokemon related? I’m not trying to be snarky or something, that’s nothing more than a random wondering I had while playing this game.

Outside of that, I’ve just completed Axiom Verge on Switch. Again. It’s exactly what I’d always wanted from recent 2D Metroid games but haven’t got and I can’t bloody wait for the sequel.

Has anybody here gone all digital with their game purchases? I'm tempted to go all digital but the old school in me is calling me to keep buying discs.

Doesn't help the physical cause when websites like Game are so poor and make it hard to just browse through as the filters are pish.

6 minutes ago, iMPACt! said:

Has anybody here gone all digital with their game purchases? I'm tempted to go all digital but the old school in me is calling me to keep buying discs.

Doesn't help the physical cause when websites like Game are so poor and make it hard to just browse through as the filters are pish.

I generally buy discs so once I’m done with them I can at least get some money back from CEX .

Only go digital for games that aren’t released on disc or are cheap in the sale compared to that in shops and vice versa. 

I’ve kept hold of my Yakuza games on PS4 as they’re steel books but other then that everything I own is on the system.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

On 1/21/2020 at 8:08 AM, PunkStep said:

The Joycons are absolutely wank. I've had two repaired, one of them is already doing that weird 'pulling to the right' thing again and on another one the left stick no longer works as a button. 

Yep, thàts my issue. Left analog stick won't "click" as a button when pressed.

Pretty easy to arrange a warranty repair right enough but not what you would expect from a company of Nintendo's history & standing.

I too am a lazy bastard but another factor is that when I get a PS5 I'll have a shit ton of games in the cloud that I can play. It helps that my little arsehole son can't eject digital games and slide them under the sofa. The premium you pay on a digital copy is worth it for the indestructability. 

The price of digital copies is a complete rip off compared to physical copies and their resellability. I don't care how convenient it is when you can buy a second hand copy of a month old game for £20 compared to the digital copy costing up to 3 times as much. Especially when you can then resell it yourself when done and recoup a good portion, if not all, of the money you spent on it. That digital copy will always cost you £60 long after you've finished it and never play it again. 

I don't have enough money to be too lazy to swap a disc over.