WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

It's no wonder they haven't made a loss on their hardware compared to the other two- for the past few generations the gulf in specs between their consoles and Sony & Microsoft's has been massive. You couple that with their first party games retaining a high value years after release, they must be more profitable than the other the other two you'd think?

• Paid Members

That'spreciselywhere they went wrong. Some of the ideas using the gamepad for asynchronus multiplayer etc were quite innovative  Friday the 13th would have been good on Wii U with "couch multiplayer"

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Shit name though, I was well out of the loop at the time but remember thinking it was a Mega Drive 2 style rejig of the Wii. Must have been half decent because all the games are massive successes on the Switch.

Yeah I remember a lot of confusion when it released with people thinking it was just a Wii add-on or upgraded version of the system.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is an awesome game. Hope it gets ported one day and Tokyo Mirage Sessions getting ported recently gives me some hope.

4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X is an awesome game. Hope it gets ported one day and Tokyo Mirage Sessions getting ported recently gives me some hope.

The original Wii Xenoblade Chronicles is being released on the Switch later this year. If it sells, they'll surely do X after that.

• Paid Members

You can almost always rely on Nintendo to zag when Sony & Microsoft zig etc. It's how they've made it this far. 

• Paid Members

Started The Witcher 3 proper. Still don’t think the movement and combat is that great but the rest of the game is ace so far. Huge interesting areas, top NPC characters and dialogue, really interesting lore. Big fan of researching enemies before fighting them. 

About 25% into Dragonball Z Kakarot and really enjoying it, the combat is very samey but if you’re a fan of the anime this is probably the best Dragonball game they’ve ever made, I’ve got a ton of nostalgia for this from the music that plays in the background to the cut scenes that play out, load times are frustrating but other then that it’s a solid game for anyone who hasn’t witnessed the entire Z saga.

50 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

About 25% into Dragonball Z Kakarot and really enjoying it, the combat is very samey but if you’re a fan of the anime this is probably the best Dragonball game they’ve ever made, I’ve got a ton of nostalgia for this from the music that plays in the background to the cut scenes that play out, load times are frustrating but other then that it’s a solid game for anyone who hasn’t witnessed the entire Z saga.

I will probably buy this in a few months - I love Dragon Ball, but the game itself looks a bit repetitive and lacking in depth. You say it's the best DB game ever: is it really better than Dragon Ball Fighterz? For me, that was the definitive DB game in terms of graphics and gameplay. I can't see how they could top that in a hurry. Obviously one is a beat-'em-up and the other is a RPG, but I cannot see Kakarot giving me the same feeling as Fighterz. That was literally the game I dreamt of when I was 12.

1 minute ago, StrongStyle said:

I will probably buy this in a few months - I love Dragon Ball, but the game itself looks a bit repetitive and lacking in depth. You say it's the best DB game ever: is it really better than Dragon Ball Fighterz? For me, that was the definitive DB game in terms of graphics and gameplay. I can't see how they could top that in a hurry. Obviously one is a beat-'em-up and the other is a RPG, but I cannot see Kakarot giving me the same feeling as Fighterz. That was literally the game I dreamt of when I was 12.

I hated Fighterz, in regards to depth it has all of your Z sagas told practically the same as the anime as well as Tons of side missions to boot, also once you finish a saga you go into a Intermission where you replay episodes from the anime like the driving license episode for example.     

I will probably buy it purely for fan service reasons, but there's something about the footage of the gameplay that makes me think I will get bored of it quickly. There is no doubt that Z is the main event when it comes to the DB franchise, and I suppose that in itself is a very expansive story: but it would have been nice if the game documented from the beginning of Dragon Ball right through to Super, or dare I say...GT.

41 minutes ago, StrongStyle said:

I will probably buy it purely for fan service reasons, but there's something about the footage of the gameplay that makes me think I will get bored of it quickly. There is no doubt that Z is the main event when it comes to the DB franchise, and I suppose that in itself is a very expansive story: but it would have been nice if the game documented from the beginning of Dragon Ball right through to Super, or dare I say...GT.

They document Dragon Ball through collectibles at least, sod GT though, I wouldn’t mind a new game concentrating on Dragonball Super though, going through the Universe Tournament as well as the Beerus and Goku Black sagas.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Started The Witcher 3 proper. Still don’t think the movement and combat is that great but the rest of the game is ace so far. Huge interesting areas, top NPC characters and dialogue, really interesting lore. Big fan of researching enemies before fighting them. 

I restarted it today on the harder setting. After years away I noticed the combat being awkward too. 

That said it’s still the best game I’ve ever played . Enjoy