WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Had it in my basket but didn't get it last month, VICTORY!

I finished Death Stranding last night. Man, what a beautiful mess. It's a infuriatingly flawed genuinely innovative game that can be as frustrating as it is fulfilling with some of the best mo-cap I've seen. The dialogue and story is hokey bollocks but the delivery of it is so good it almost makes you stop cringing. I would have loved to see Mads' face when being directed. He definitely raises the quality of some of the worse material. Tommy Earl Jenkins has a barnstormer too. Troy Baker just shows up and does Troy Baker and Norman Reedus is just future Darryl. Unfortunately despite her best efforts Lea Seydoux as Fragile struggles to deliver lines like "I'm Fragile but not fragilè" without any sane person busting in to laughter. It's not really her fault though.

All in all it's a very good game that I enjoyed a lot that I couldn't recommend to anyone. No game should take 30 hours to get going. Looked great on my shiney new pro though.

Got Control, Fallen Order and Link's Awakening next whilst balancing my budding Football Manager career. I'll be gutted when Love Island finishes and Mrs Danger requires my attention.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Are Chromecast's still around?

Chromecast is still a thing. 

• Paid Members

Stadia isn't a bad idea, it's just that the infrastructure isn't in place for it to work, and it raises the very muddy question of game ownership. You're not really buying games with  Stadia, you're buying access to the game,  and if the publishers stops upporting that title intheory you won't be able to access it anymore. If it was all done under a monthly subscription thing like a "Netflix of videogames" more along the lines of Gamepass, PSNow and to a lesser extent the SNES/NES ttles offered through the Nintendo online subsctiption it'd be an easier pill to swallow.

Last weekend I saw a thing on my PS4 about a free 7-day trial for PS Now, so figured I might as well make use of it.

Never had any intention of subscribing and that hasn't changed, but I was pleasantly surprised by how smoothly it ran.

Minor drawbacks include not being able to take in-game screenshots (for goodness knows what reason) and being unable to transfer saves onto your console for future use with purchased copies unless you're a PS+ subscriber, because it conveniently insists on routing the process through the online storage facility that's exclusive to Plus.

Still, I've been able to try a few games that I'd long been curious about (and now know not to bother with), and update my most recently played WWE game to something within the last decade.

I can understand them not giving free access to cloud storage but insisting that that's the only way you can save is a bit rum. Hoping that XBox will show up big time next gen and little things like that will force Sony to be a little more consumer friendly.

They make it a two-step process: transfer the save from PS Now to cloud storage (exclusive to PS+), then from cloud storage to your console. I see no reason at all for them to use the PS+ cloud storage as an intermediate step, other than to gouge people into subscribing to Plus for the sake of what's probably a one-off activity that needn't involve the service at all. Even if there's some behind-the-scenes reason that somehow makes it the most streamlined, efficient method for them, the optics of it aren't good.

• Paid Members

Sounds like Microsoft are  just going to be doing iterative upgrades for their consoles now. I read or heard somewhere that there won't be any platform exclusives when the XBox Series X launches, and that whatever comes out for it will also be on XBox One.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-01-11-dont-expect-first-party-xbox-series-x-exclusives-for-a-couple-of-years

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Found a link.

I think they said for the first year there won't be any exclusives. Obviously when you spend a small fortune on the hot new thing you want something that set's it apart from the hot old thing so it'll be interesting to see how that affects sales but I think XBox will probably see themselves primarily more as a games service company than console shifters going forward.

The iterative thing makes sense as they're kind of reaching the ceiling as to what they can afford to sell at console prices without losing a shit ton and it's been said next gen will mostly see quality of life improvements rather than the jump say from Mega Drive to Playstation. It absolutely won't make sense to mum's, dad's and grandparents trying to buy the confusing XBox numbers for the kiddos. 

• Paid Members

Switch types. There's an event on Tetris 99 until Tuesday where you get points for playing online. Every 100 points you earn gets you a ticket in the draw. 999 European players will get 999 gold points, which is ostensibly a tenner on the eShop.