WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Moderators

I don't bother playing for the heart when I play Slay the Spire but I am enjoying going up through the ranks of the Ascension levels. I can't imagine ever beating the Heart on some of the higher levels but getting to the end of the 3rd act is a fun enough challenge for me to keep going with it.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't bother playing for the heart when I play Slay the Spire but I am enjoying going up through the ranks of the Ascension levels. I can't imagine ever beating the Heart on some of the higher levels but getting to the end of the 3rd act is a fun enough challenge for me to keep going with it.

I turned right back down to the lowest level with the Ironclad to do it, and even then it was frustrating. I'm not likely going to try again now I've done it. 

I'm slowly making my way through the Ascension - I'm up to level 16 with Ironclad, 7 with Silent, 9 with Defect and 3 with Watcher.

Defect's my favourite class to play but I keep dying on Act 3 with it. 

• Moderators

I really like the Watcher, but most of my gaming is on the Switch so I don't get to play with her very often as the big patch hasn't hit console yet. With the other three I'm not that far ahead of you - 17, 13, 11 respectively. I really love a really good, focused 0 cost Defect combo deck. I think it's the most satisfying deck for me when it all comes together.

11 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I’ve pre-ordered Animal Crossing New Horizons on Switch, and my wife has converted a combination of Nectar Points, Argos Gift cards and a 10% eBay code into a Switch Lite, ready for the game’s release next month.

Whilst I’m looking forward to the game, Nintendo are being right dicks about how the game works and how it can be played.

You can only have 1 island per console, so if you have two or more profiles on the same unit, they can’t each have their own save game.

It also won’t support cloud saves, and there’s no way to either backup your save or transfer it to another console. I have an original Switch and a Lite, so I won’t be able to play it on both which seems a bit unfair and if I lose my console or it breaks, my save will be gone.

No real point to this, other than to have a moan really.

Ugh, I didn’t know any of this. That’s really annoying, this is a rarity in that it’s the kind of game that both my wife and I might actually want to play. I hope they patch out these knobbish restrictions.

11 hours ago, scratchdj said:

my wife has converted a combination of Nectar Points, Argos Gift cards and a 10% eBay code into a Switch Lite

What sorcery is this?

• Paid Members

The one island per console restriction is apparently due to how the game is saved. It's all saved to the console, rather than a memory card or kept on the cartridge like in previous titles, I presume because it's easier to work it that way. it still supports a character for each profile on the console (up to 😎and you can have 4 players simultaneously. I'm just glad we'll be getting a proper Animal Crossing game rather than that Amiibo board game they put out on Wii U. 

I obviously mean an 8 and then), not a smiley face. Bloody hell. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Just went back to Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes as a means of shaking myself out of the PES hole that I've been in for ages.

Such a good game. Didn't get the recognition that Pyre would get a few years later despite being very similar and almost as good.

I'm probably gonna rinse this and then Pyre. 

So I finished hitman 2 last week and I really really enjoyed every single minute of that game. My major grievance was my surprise when I got to the 3rd to last mission which was the bank and completed it then the post mission video sequence played and then the credits rolled.....I was obviously confused because I knew there were 2 levels after it and the video played out more of the story then I found out in order to complete the game you had to pay an extra 20 quid to purchase the expansion pack which included the final 2 missions and some extra content.....

How can gaming companies justify charging people extra money in order to unlock the rest of the game, I completely understand paying for extra levels or whatever but paying more just to be able to finish the standard story really did piss me off. When you factor in the fact that brand new games cost around 60 quid these days to then slap on another 39 pounds which is what the expansion pack actually costs I just got it on a sale your charging people 100 pounds for a full game that's absolutely insane.

• Paid Members

They usually claim it's "due to the cost of making the game" 

Then they sell you a season pass so you can have all the content for one lower price to look like they're doing you a favour. Jim Sterling (thank God for him) has done so many Jimquisitions about this they all become a blur.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They usually claim it's "due to the cost of making the game" 

Then they sell you a season pass so you can have all the content for one lower price to look like they're doing you a favour. Jim Sterling (thank God for him) has done so many Jimquisitions about this they all become a blur.

Ol' Jim really has shone a big light on game companies and their dastardly ways. Every month there seems to be some other 'reputable' company trying to grab more money for content that would've come packaged with the original game only a few years ago. That or they're sneaking in gambling mechanics and working their workforce to death before letting them go whilst simultaneously announcing record profits.

It kinda puts the "Game prices have stayed consistent through the years" argument to task.

Thank God for him.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

It's a clever strategyinthat you can hold off longer on increasing the price of a game by carving swathes of content out of the game to sell back later and try to recoup the difference. Some of the blame has to lay at the feet of the likes of Street Fighter 4 with the costume packs,and the othercosmetics. As soon as these were normalised companies started looking for other ways to further monetise stuff in their games.

15 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Jim Sterling (thank God for him)

21 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Thank God for him.

He's also a massive, massive twat of a person.

But his brand is capitalising on gamer rage, so sure, as long as companies keep doing shitty things he'll be there, to soak up the clicks and bask in his role as de facto champion of gamers' rights.

(In before "it's all a persona, you got worked m8.")

• Paid Members

Totally get you. He's a heck of a showman. He's just moved to Philly to manage  Ryse Wrestling.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

He's also a massive, massive twat of a person.

But his brand is capitalising on gamer rage, so sure, as long as companies keep doing shitty things he'll be there, to soak up the clicks and bask in his role as de facto champion of gamers' rights.

(In before "it's all a persona, you got worked m8.")

You just going to leave that there then without any explanation?

Frankly, I think your opinion on him being a 'twat' is explained by your last sentence and is highly questionable. Has he ruined your gaming experience, m8?