WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

On 3/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Played the Final Fantasy 7 Remake demo which released on the PSN store this morning and really enjoyed it.

Given how voice acting is top notch in pretty much every video game these days, I’m amazed that the Final Fantasy series manages to consistently buck that trend.

Haviny said that, bad voice acting aside I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the demo. Part of that enjoyment almost certainly came from nostalgia, and there’s definite scope for my opinion to change depending on how linear a game this turns out to be, but I’m convinced enough by what I’ve seen to have pre-ordered.

• Paid Members
On 2/27/2020 at 11:06 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Is Gandhi still really keen to use nukes? 

Isn't that a feature rather than a bug these days? Like it was a mistake the first time but now they do it deliberately.

• Paid Members

People think it's set that high as a deterrent to other players nowadays. 

• Paid Members

Anyone who has a Switch that has suffered with the Joy-Con drift issue, did it do it all the time or with only certain games? My youngest has just been on Mario cart and the car was pulling to the left all the time, but when I tried Minecraft(the only other game she had with her) it seems fine(then went back to pulling to the left again when Mario Cart was on again). Does that sound like the drift issue, or something else? She's only had it sonce Christmas, so feels like too short a time for a problem like this rearing it's ugly head...

On a whim and in the sale, I got Train Sim World 2020 for a tenner or so. Lads, I fucking love it. I’m sat there sticking to speed limits and sticking to timetables, and pretending to go out of the cab for a sneaky fag while the passengers get on. 

My girlfriend called me a fucking loser because when a train goes past me the other way, I do the Manchester Metrolink driver salute that they all do. She may be right but I don’t give a fuck. 

11 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Anyone who has a Switch that has suffered with the Joy-Con drift issue, did it do it all the time or with only certain games? My youngest has just been on Mario cart and the car was pulling to the left all the time, but when I tried Minecraft(the only other game she had with her) it seems fine(then went back to pulling to the left again when Mario Cart was on again). Does that sound like the drift issue, or something else? She's only had it sonce Christmas, so feels like too short a time for a problem like this rearing it's ugly head...

Check that the assist steer or motion controls are off in the Mario kart settings. Mario kart has a useful yet annoying habit feature of auto assist steering. 

Yeah Mario Kart had me thinking it was drift when it was just motion controls. Apparently even the new Joy-Cons are still suffering with the drift. 

I tried that FF7 demo to completion and it's just not for me. The Mr T guy is so so bad. I got the impression I'd be in and out of menus all game. If the game had a wheel I could flick around during battles I'd be much more interested. 

It looked great though and I'm sure the people who cosplay as the characters will have plenty of material to wank over.

Over on Horizon I'm just over half way through I tried my first cauldron which happened to be the Thunderjaw battle. At level 20 it was near impossible and after a couple of hours of getting agonisingly close I tapped out. 

It's brilliant despite a few minor flaws. I find myself obsessing about tactics to defeat the different dinobots. Not that tactics matter because you can just be walking between villages then get attacked by robot buffalo's that lead you into a glinthawk battle that ends when a giant crocodile jumps out of the water and eats you.

14 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Grabbed it off GamePass to take the piss, but it has hooked me.  I've started on the Thames Valley, but somehow I got jammed in the first freight mission, which I'll have to redo.  Flying along to Reading in a 125 is far more fun than it should be.

I’m saving the Pennines run for Christmas! Victoria to Leeds! Might even take the train for real to see how it compares!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Me, rarely. I keep re-starting and struggling to level up.

What server? I’m on Cerberus, if you’re on the Chaos DC I’d be more than happy to help 😊  

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn over the weekend. It's one of the best games on PS4 for sure. I'd say it just falls short of  joining my holy trinity of  greatness of RDR2, BOTW and GoW but it's really not far off. I'd say only a fairly weak story and poor voice acting outside of the Aloy voice actor and Lance fucking Reddick lets it down but that's mostly because of the Only Way is Essex style writing of the conversation options. "So tell me about your sister".

The side missions can be great dungeon style affairs or cool little combat tutorials but mostly fall in to the fetch quest category. 

The star of the show is definitely the combat and if they perfect that as well as add a stronger story then the sequel will be something special.

Has a great final mission too.

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider yesterday. 

If there intention was to make Lara a boring dullard, they succeeded. 

The whole game was a chore to get through, with the sneaky sneaky combat being the only good thing about it. 

I'm going to play Uncharted again to cleanse my soul.