WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

It's amazing how game prices have stayed the same or so over the past how many decades?

If you shop around and don't pay stupid digital prices you'll find new releases for a decent price still.

And yeah, that Terminator game looks much better than critics would have you believe, I've seen a lot of people really enjoying it as a solid B title. It reminds me of something like a Binary Domain which was stupidly good fun but not well received by the reviewers.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Appreciate I'm several years behind the times, but used the (glorious) Game Pass and download Arkham Knight. Completed it last night, but what a lovely lovely game. 

Me and my son finished Gears 5 together the other night and looking for a another co-op type thing. Any recommendations?

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

We need more fun little B titles to bridge the gap between major releases.

A B-game to me is something I'd spend a tenner on, not £35. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, for example. I couldn't imagine spending £35 for a B-game and then splurging out a full price £50 a few weeks later for a brand new release, but then again I'm not made of money.

I traded in RDR2, Wolfenstein + DLC, and Rise of/Shadow of the Tomb Raider last weekend to grab Outer Worlds and Horizon:Zero Dawn. Loving Outer Worlds so far, it really has my Fallout follicles going crazy. There's some things that I'm not fond of (No custom map markers, cramped inventory screen, some slow down when loading areas) but it's been a marvelous time and I'm only around five hours in. 

• Paid Members

Here am I still labouring on a policy of being reluctant to buy a game if it's much more than £20.

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Outer Worlds is great.

It's madness that Bethesda wouldn't allow Obsidian another go at the Fallout franchise, part of me wonders if New Vegas despite it's flaws being considered the best by many fans bruised some egos.

Bethesda were right cunts from the start, holding back money because they got an 84 instead of an 85+ metacritic score or something.

Also, regarding pricing, a tenner would be small to mid indie game money for me. A B game isn't indie, it's still big enough budget but not on a RDR2 level by any means, think something like Stranglehold on the 360.

Edited by Merzbow

On 1/23/2020 at 2:07 AM, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

Yep, thàts my issue. Left analog stick won't "click" as a button when pressed.

Pretty easy to arrange a warranty repair right enough but not what you would expect from a company of Nintendo's history & standing.

Just to compound the utter nonsense of this, tried to punt this for spares & repairs and someone has paid a full £20 on Ebay.

Must be some market for fixer uppers to shift on and nick A few quid profit from it, fair play.

17 hours ago, marc2j said:

Appreciate I'm several years behind the times, but used the (glorious) Game Pass and download Arkham Knight. Completed it last night, but what a lovely lovely game. 

Me and my son finished Gears 5 together the other night and looking for a another co-op type thing. Any recommendations?

Just had a quick look online and Borderlands The Handsome Collection is listed as having local co-op and is on Game Pass. Really fun looter shooters loaded with content, Borderlands 2 is the best of the two game collection imo.

No idea how old your son is but if you are fine with him playing Gears then I'm guessing you won't mind him playing Borderlands. Might want to look into the games first just in case though.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Just had a quick look online and Borderlands The Handsome Collection is listed as having local co-op and is on Game Pass. Really fun looter shooters loaded with content, Borderlands 2 is the best of the two game collection imo.

No idea how old your son is but if you are fine with him playing Gears then I'm guessing you won't mind him playing Borderlands. Might want to look into the games first just in case though.

Hes just about to turn 15. Hes telling me what to play for the most part. I'll check Borderlands out - cheers 🙂

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Outer Worlds is great.

It's madness that Bethesda wouldn't allow Obsidian another go at the Fallout franchise, part of me wonders if New Vegas despite it's flaws being considered the best by many fans bruised some egos.

The advantage of them not having to work for Bethesda is that they don't have to use that bug-ridden almost 20 year old engine.