WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

On 1/31/2020 at 8:56 PM, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

Just to compound the utter nonsense of this, tried to punt this for spares & repairs and someone has paid a full ÂŁ20 on Ebay.

Must be some market for fixer uppers to shift on and nick A few quid profit from it, fair play.

Give Tronicsfix a look on Youtube. He will buy 20 broken consoles then show if he can fix them or not. Most of the time he can and he doesn't make it look to hard. Saying that I wouldn't have a clue, if you have some basic electronic skills though its probably easy money.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:04 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

Last weekend I saw a thing on my PS4 about a free 7-day trial for PS Now, so figured I might as well make use of it.

Never had any intention of subscribing and that hasn't changed, but I was pleasantly surprised by how smoothly it ran.

Minor drawbacks include not being able to take in-game screenshots (for goodness knows what reason) and being unable to transfer saves onto your console for future use with purchased copies unless you're a PS+ subscriber, because it conveniently insists on routing the process through the online storage facility that's exclusive to Plus.

Still, I've been able to try a few games that I'd long been curious about (and now know not to bother with), and update my most recently played WWE game to something within the last decade.

Something I forgot to mention about this, which is worth the addendum because it was actually my biggest annoyance, is that you can't leave a game on pause for more than a few minutes without it kicking you off, losing any unsaved progress.

Apparently while you're having your dinner between save points you're wasting valuable server space, so off tae fuck ye get.

I do appreciate the need for a limit, but it seemed a pretty harsh one the couple of occasions it caught me out.

• Paid Members

Diablo 3 is on sale with PS+ this month, so figured I'd give it a go, having only played through 1 & 2 in the last couple of years.

I was worried that it would be a little too "modern", and not feel enough like a Diablo game, but played for a couple of hours last night and it felt like a nice bit of cosy nostalgia. Nothing groundbreaking or too challenging yet, but I'm enjoying it. 

Downloaded The Bioshock Collection and Sims 4 with Free Games for PS Plus this month, booted up Bioshock 1 last night and absolutely hated it.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection comes out on Tuesday so i'll be playing that for the next month or so probably.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

35 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Downloaded The Bioshock Collection and Sims 4 with Free Games for PS Plus this month, booted up Bioshock 1 last night and absolutely hated it.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection comes out on Tuesday so i'll be playing that for the next month or so probably.

Was that the first time you played Bioshock?

From a story perspective, at least, I think it’s aged pretty well. What made you hate it so much?

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

Was that the first time you played Bioshock?

From a story perspective, at least, I think it’s aged pretty well. What made you hate it so much?

First time, yes (I think I played a demo of 2 when I owned a PS3) 

Just the controls in general, the lack of an aim option bugs me, The fact enemies appear out of nowhere even though you can hear them a mile off and have scanned the room to see where they are.

I bought the digital version so already have Y3 and 4 and will obviously download 5 when it drops. Will probably pick up the physical release eventually to go with the others.

Side note on Yakuza 3 remastered. From what I can tell it's almost entirely uncut unlike the butchered PS3 release we got back in the day with only one side story missing (and a trivia game that is apparently a ballache to localise) and that was also removed in the Japanese release.

Anyway for any trophy hunters out there, Terminator Resistance is a laughably easy plat that can be done in a single play through. Missed one trophy but only had to reload a previous chapter to get it.

Just now, The King Of Swing said:

I bought the digital version so already have Y3 and 4 and will obviously download 5 when it drops. Will probably pick up the physical release eventually to go with the others.

Side note on Yakuza 3 remastered. From what I can tell it's almost entirely uncut unlike the butchered PS3 release we got back in the day with only one side story missing (and a trivia game that is apparently a ballache to localise) and that was also removed in the Japanese release.

I’ve never played 3, 4 and 5 as I got into the series quite recently, I played Kiwami as it was free with plus last year and once I finished it I rushed out and picked up 0 and Kiwami 2 and once I was done with those played 6 and also Judgment.

Some think 3 is the best in the series though I think 0 is better.

Yakuza 4 is really good but I think it was around then that I stopped really caring about the story and played mostly for the side content. Never finished 5 due to how late it finally dropped over here but I remember thinking at the time that they were really stretching some of the content out between too many characters.

Fist of The North Star Lost Paradise (same studio and basically Yakuza set in the FoTNS universe) is really fucking good though, also enjoyed what I played of Judgment but got burnt out on the Yakuza franchise and took a break.

I've just started Judgment. Like Yakuza 6, it's in equal parts amusing and tiresome to watch my character now stumbling past furniture and street fittings till they spontaneously burst into confetti, or hurl himself off balconies without warning.

I've had my shipping notice for the remaster collection. Been playing since the first game on PS2, and my favourites are 3 and 0, though I know 2 has its ardent cheerleaders.

I won't be buying the next one, as they've changed the fighting system in it to such a degree that it's basically a different genre to the rest of the series so far, and one that doesn't interest me sadly.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

Yakuza 2 was a big jump in quality from the first game from what I recall, so can understand that it has it's fans. Shame the Kiryu becomes a host side story didn't make Kiwami 2.

The studio has built up enough good will for me to give the next game a fair shake. It'll either do really well and they'll carry on in the new direction or it'll fail hard and they'll go back to what works imo.

Judgment is a really slow burn even by Yakuza standards.

• Paid Members

Finished Bioshock today - I had played it before up until the point you got telekenisis then had put it down, but when the remastered came free as PS+, I figured why not? I really enjoyed it - I had conflated Bioshock and Bioshock 2's plot as I thought you became a

Big Daddy fully

during Bioshock but apparently that's to do with Bioshock 2. 

I also finally defeated the final boss on Dead Cells for the first time, and beat the Heart on Slay the Spire. I enjoy roguelikes but I can't ever see me doing them on a higher level!