WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I'm getting one for the kids this Christmas. Which game(s) do I get first? I think Super Mario Odyssey is a must, Labo might be another. I don't want to get too many games straight away.

I've just started Octopath Traveller for a long-play but also own both Zelda and Mario. Doom looks and plays the same as the PS4 version but I'm horrible at it on the smaller screen.

Oh, and motherfucking DEAD CELLS can be downloaded now but unlocks Tuesday.

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I'm getting one for the kids this Christmas. Which game(s) do I get first? I think Super Mario Odyssey is a must, Labo might be another. I don't want to get too many games straight away.

Mario and Rabbids Kingdom is a good one and you can pick that up cheap. How old are the kids? Nickelodeon kart racer is coming soon. 

I find the new Zelda to be bloody annoying, I'm sick of vast open worlds.

I've been going back to Bloodborne and I love how the world is built, there's just the perfect amount of exploration and optional areas without you ever feeling lost or overwhelmed.

• Paid Members

The FIFA eWorld Cup is currently live on Ginx TV (Virgin channel 290, not sure about Sky). I’m not a FIFA player but this is absolutely thrilling to watch. The first semi final is on at the moment, if you’re at a loose end check it out - things will get a lot more tense soon as the winner of the whole thing gets $250,000!! 

Edited by waters44

• Paid Members

It's EVO this weekend as well, which streams on their Twitch channels and the Capcom Fighters channel usually has the Street Fighter 5 tournament on it. The final day is now from the Mandalay Bay arena and broadcast on ESPN in the USA. It's quite amusing because if certain characters are picked they're not to use some of the costumes for fear of upsetting the viewers/sponsors. There was actually an episode of Game Theory about the psychology of picking scantily clad female characters in fighting games as a distraction tactic for your opponent.

• Paid Members

Completed Earthworm Jim on the SNES last night.

26B730CD-3A63-49D9-9322-3D1998E2617F.jpeg.19d6b4c0ffe2d8c099cb4e388ee659d0.jpeg

99897FD8-C539-4295-8578-171262AFDF24.jpeg.0cbe49631560cc21ddfb105a7ddadeb9.jpeg

Next on the list of games I never bothered completing on the MD as a kid:

Cool Spot - (never played as much as I should have). 

Road Rash 2 - (Did alright but never bothered completing).

Kid Chameleon - (got close back then but no cigar, love this game).

Finally put an hour or two into The Witcher 3.  Only at about level 4 so doing a few of the side missions to level up.  Ain't got a clue about alchemy or how best to spend points, or how to play Gwent, but enjoying pottering about doing little missions at the mo.  Liked the "Dig up the dead foetus and find the mum" part of the mission I'm currently doing!

• Awards Moderator
21 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Finally put an hour or two into The Witcher 3.  Only at about level 4 so doing a few of the side missions to level up.  Ain't got a clue about alchemy or how best to spend points, or how to play Gwent, but enjoying pottering about doing little missions at the mo.  Liked the "Dig up the dead foetus and find the mum" part of the mission I'm currently doing!

I'm many more hours into the game than you, but not a great deal further forward :laugh:

I've been playing on and off for 18 months. Still good fun.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Liked the "Dig up the dead foetus and find the mum" part of the mission I'm currently doing!

That mission is fucked up!

Great game. Try and get into Gwent- the version in Witcher 3 is pretty easy to get into after a few games and it's ace. The standalone game for Xbox is hard as fuck, though.

Plus Keith, the sheer amount of filth in the game. Geralt is a right old slag.

#TeamTriss ❤️

Edited by PunkStep