WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

MW3 is out on Xbox One as part of backward compatibility. It's by far my favorite COD game, in terms of multiplayer anyway so that's been my go to for the past few nights. So much fun!

In terms of Fortnite, I've got about 12 solo wins in about 650 attempts. I'm alright at the mechanics, shooting and building, but my gameplan goes to pot whenever someone applies the slightest bit of pressure when building. I just end up building myself into a corner and end up getting headshotted by someone who's gotten high ground over me. 

Just now, PunkStep said:

Yeah? What does it change when you switch the controls?

When you are in build mode L1/L2/R1/R2 become the different build items and you can cycle through your guns with L1 and R1. It also changes crouch to tapping down the right analogue snd the map becomes the touch pad. Takes a few games to get use to and worth a few practice builds but is so much better.

I just got God of War and it's amazing. I'd say in terms of storyline, characters and video gaming acting it's the best I've seen. It took me about 3 hours to do the first part on the second easiest level. I nearly wept twice during cut scenes. The battle at the end of that level was madly frustrating for an old bastard like myself but what glory when I finally triumphed. Hopefully I can complete it in time for the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 without resorting to going down to spastic mode.  

• Paid Members

Picked up Skyrim Special Edition on my XBox One in the sale for a tenner. Sank a load of hours into it only to realise I was doing the character building stuff all wrong. I have two playthroughs going at the moment, one which is described as "easy mode" where I'm doing the stealthy assassin/archer/stealth thing, and the other where I'm some big 'ard bugger with heavy armour and a massive hammer wading through the dungeons smashing everybody up. Each equally satisfying in its own way. I will inevitably play through as some kind of magician eventually as well. I'd imagine.

• Paid Members

Over the last 2 months I've pretty much exclusively played through Far Cry 4, 5 and 3 in that order (largely as 3 comes with 5's season pass). 

IMO 4 had the best story, 5 looked the most polished and 3 had the best characters. But if you're picking up on a series, play through the earlier ones when possible then as you go up you can see the little kinks ironed out and mechanics improved - 3 looked the roughest (even on PS4 pro), and most of the sidequests just exist purely for EXP grind and a great deal of new weapons were attained through story progression. Moving away from that as the series progressed was a smart idea as later on the extra activities seemed more important. and on 5 depending on the allies you pick up you can get through a surprisingly huge chunk of the game by just blind luck. 

The biggest mistake 5 did was take the player out of the story. Most of the customisations were for multiplayer and not really worth it.

• Paid Members

I haven't played 5 and only played several hours of 4 so far. 3 was fantastic (they're all VERY similar to be honest) and as you say, good characters. The mission where you blaze a weed farm whilst listening to Skrillex and Damien Marley was tonnes of fun.

You should give Blood Dragon a try, good humour and a nice quick 80s movies-inspired wet dream. Far Cry Primal was pretty decent too.

• Moderators
On 7/26/2018 at 11:57 PM, Guy Bifkin said:

I just got God of War and it's amazing. I'd say in terms of storyline, characters and video gaming acting it's the best I've seen. It took me about 3 hours to do the first part on the second easiest level. I nearly wept twice during cut scenes. The battle at the end of that level was madly frustrating for an old bastard like myself but what glory when I finally triumphed. Hopefully I can complete it in time for the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 without resorting to going down to spastic mode.  

Just started this game last night. Can tell already it's going to live up to the hype...

I am looking to buy a PS4 and the Playstation VR. Does anyone know of any good deals around at the moment (preferably high street, but online is fine as well)?

Also, is there any major benefit to buying a PS4 Pro over a regular PS4?

30 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

what size console are u after? 1tb, 500 gb etc? i had a quick look and cant find any bundles with vr and a ps4 console in one, of course both can be purchased individually. I will have another look for you later 

Probably looking at 1TB.