WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Moderators

Any of The Uncharted games should be decently priced now. The first one wasn't great but the rest are all excellent, and the reason I even have a PS4. Also in that vein, the last tomb raider game was excellent and you should play that before the sequel comes out.

Not a cheap one as it's recent, but God of War has been very well received.

Oh also, buy Sleeping Dogs as a download. It's fucking awesome and dirt cheap. It has a GTA style open world feel, but the story is pretty linear, and the world is small so it doesn't feel overwhelming.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

ThanksI I have played the first 3 Uncharted games but completely forgot they did a fourth. I played the Sleeping Dogs demo years back and really enjoyed it so will definitely add both of those to my list. Will probably get Hitman too as I have fond memories of playing Blood Money during my sixth form days.

Yakuza 0. As a prequel it's a brilliant starting point for the rest of the series, which is steadily being remade or remastered on PS4, with the recent Yakuza 6 being all new.

Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami are both on sale on PSN, right now. £15.99 each I think. And Yakuza Kiwami 2 is out next month.

Yakuza 6 is good fun, but not quite on par with previous games imo. Some great side missions and content but the main story is pretty poor imo.

I'm playing through it at the moment and I'd agree with that summary - though I'll reserve judgement till I've reached the end. It's always a thrill to get more freedom in exploring the city though, after becoming so familiar with it in previous games. But as with Yakuza 5, it's a little disappointing to encounter the occasional invisible wall where it had been removed in 4.

As good as Yakuza 4 and 5 are. Expanding the playable roster diluted a lot of the content imo, massive games that strangely feel smaller because everything is split between characters.

Back to 6. I don't think I've ever been as fed up of a character, than I have Haruka. Shit character.

I finally bought a Wii U and although it's a "dead" console it's the best investment you can make once it's hacked, you can emulate all the typical oldschool systems but also play all Wii, Gamecube and original DS games on it. DS games work especially great with the gamepad as there's a bunch of layout choices, got all the Castlevania games running on it right now.

I'm also about to set up my PS4 pad to play Breath of the Wild too.

I found it easy enough but I guess that doesn't mean much as I've done this type of stuff a fair bit before (I did almost kill an SD card once..), I'd say it's a fair bigger job than setting up retropi.

Give this guide a glance, it's the one I followed but doing all this is before you even think about acquiring games and installing them etc.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-community-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/

Ugh, I'm approaching 1000 solo games without my first Fortnite win. Tbh I've not really played for wins since I got my first battle pass and realised you can just play that and win enough v-bucks to keep getting it for free. 

How many games before you fine lot got your first win? I'm not a big gamer and have never been in to shooters but obviously Fortnite is more strategic and dare I say skillfull than the average shooter.

I also got merc'd for my username by a couple of metrosexual Londoners in squads the other week. They were busy chatting Love Island gossip and got took out so decided to mock my Mr Danger username. Twats. 

I was looking for a wrestling management game to play on my phone last week. I used to lose hours on Extreme Warfare Revenge but I never made the switch to TEW. 

Anyhow I've found Journey of Wrestling which is a browser based take on EWR but kind of stripped down. I've lost a fair few hours already, although it still feels like a work in progress.

Anyone else played it?

• Paid Members

@Mr_Danger still waiting for my first win. I finished 3rd once, then my son went and finished 2nd just to kill my buzz. A bit of luck is needed, but the main skill is the ability to build very quickly whilst running, jumping and shooting at the same time. It's bloody hard and demoralizing when you realise you're getting beaten by pre-teens.

• Moderators

I've got a bunch of 2nd places but never a first, though I've not played it a whole amount because I generally spend my gaming time being the world's best McCree in Overwatch. Though I do get the feeling I could play 1000 games of Fortnite and never get a win. I don't like the whole building aspect, having come from a lot of PUBG, so tend to stick to shooting, and as Punkstep says, it's demoralising losing to 12 year olds, who are skillfully building these enormous structures in about 0.5 seconds while my old arse tries to remember which button switches from a wall to a ramp.

Still, if Overwatch was in the Olympics, you'd better believe I'd be representing the UK.