WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, zep81 said:

Just one so far. I discovered three of them I think but ive only managed to kill one of them so far.

You need to kill all eight plus the Queen, then return all the way home for the bonus ending.

Four are in Midgard, the others are in Helheim, Alfheim, Muspelheim (6th and final challenge) and Niflheim in the maze.

Edited by seph

24 minutes ago, seph said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You need to kill all eight plus the Queen, then return all the way home for the bonus ending.

Four are in Midgard, the others are in Helheim, Alfheim, Muspelheim (6th and final challenge) and Niflheim in the maze.

Yeah, I had enough trouble beating one of them lol. I did go back to the house and got one ending

With the dream sequence that annoyingly teases you and then ends to setup the next one prob

, but I guess there's another one too?

• Paid Members

I also picked up Mother Russia Bleeds and Bro-Force over the weekend.

I agree that Mother Russia Bleeds doesn't warrant the Streets of Rage comparisons at all - it's just not nearly as smooth, or as fun, and often the enemies' attacks can feel incredibly cheap. I'm enjoying it, as I love a good side-scrolling beat 'em up, but it's more Splatterhouse than Streets of Rage. Though it's weird that the stuff that I want to criticise it for - repetitive enemies, a tendency to push me towards spamming the same attacks - is right there in SOR too, yet there's just something missing here.

Bro-Force is just great mindless fun, though. I played the free Expendables tie-in they released years back, but never the full game, figured I'd pick it up for a laugh as it's cheap. It falls somewhere on a Venn diagram between Metal Slug and Worms, in terms of OTT cartoon violence and exaggerated '80s military tropes.

There's one level where, when encountering one of the generic enemies - a suicide bomber - it cuts to a flashback sequence of him as a baby (still in ski mask and strapped in dynamite), growing up, getting married, and getting the letter calling him up to serve...and then you just kill him the same as you would every other enemy in the game, with no consequence whatsoever. Cracked me up.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, zep81 said:

Yeah, I had enough trouble beating one of them lol. I did go back to the house and got one ending

Hide contents

With the dream sequence that annoyingly teases you and then ends to setup the next one prob

, but I guess there's another one too?

No, that's it. Sheesh, i thought you had to do the extras to get that. Oh well, it is worth doing the whole lot, the Niflheim armour gear is the best in the game.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members

My lovely girlfriend has bought me an Oculus Rift for my birthday. I'm looking for game recommendations from anyone that has had fun with VR.

VRChat looks like it might be a laugh.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

£15? Motherfuckers!

World Cup mode is ok. Bit annoying that the squads aren't up to date for some countries, England one of those most affected by this (I don't want Joe fucking Hart in my squad), hopefully a patch will help fix this soon now the final squads have been submitted.

• Paid Members

No £15 is a great deal, that's for the full game- not just the World Cup mode they've released. I'm just pissed off because I paid £25 a couple of weeks ago.

To be fair though you'd say 99p was an awful lot of money for a football game, you non-believer!

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

It's still a bit shit mind you, considering that the game would usually be available on EA access by now for Xbox One, they've held it off this year because of the update.

Which is only applicable to those that have EA Access, which I do not.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

No £15 is a great deal, that's for the full game- not just the World Cup mode they've released. I'm just pissed off because I paid £25 a couple of weeks ago.

To be fair though you'd say 99p was an awful lot of money for a football game, you non-believer!

Oh, I thought it was a £15 add-on for an annual full price title, which I thought was just taking the piss.. That's actually pretty reasonable.

Last I heard, everyone was pissed off about The Sims 4 and still preferred playing the last one (whose title escapes me). Have new/old features been patched in?