WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
On 4/30/2018 at 2:06 PM, Accident Prone said:

Hey lads, I've got a few quid left on my PS4 account (£15, to be exact) and I'm after some recommendations, preferably of the indie variety. I love rogue-likes such as Rogue Legacy and Binding Of Issac, but I also dig 2D platformers (I really enjoyed Axiom Verge) and open-world games. I was going to get Dead Cell but it's not available yet (bastards!). Any ideas or reccs?

Dead Cells. Without question.

(Beta on Steam, full release ETA August on Steam and consoles too)

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Mother Russia Bleeds is what you're after, kids.

Me and the boys had a session on the ps4 with a bunch of beer playing that, it's quality.

1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

NBA Playgrounds 2 is out very shortly, and I’m looking forward to it. Whilst not perfect, the first one more than scratched my NBA Jam itch and this is looking like it could be pretty decent:

I enjoy nba Playgrounds but I'm not sure I would buy a sequel unless it was discounted. 

11 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

It's so bad I went and bought a secondhand PS4 so that I could finally play MLB The Show as it doesn't look like the bone is ever getting a decent baseball game.

Ha, I've still got my 360 set up with MLB 2K11 in the CD drive!

• Paid Members
On 5/11/2018 at 6:29 PM, seph said:

Dead Cells. Without question.

(Beta on Steam, full release ETA August on Steam and consoles too)

Yes! This was the first game I looked for before posting here, great to see it's coming to consoles. I'll probably hold out for that then, especially as I all ready have a copy of SteamWorld on my Steam account that I never knew about.

The Long Dark: Beautiful wilderness survival game that is quite testing on the first few goes. The story mode, Wintermute, is more of a tutorial with a basic storyline tacked on. Survival mode is where it gets good, balancing wildlife threats, health, the cold and sustenance alongside a beautiful backdrop/design. (Pretty much like Telltales art direction.)

The main gripes are:

That the nights are way too long.

You have potential weapons on you (Hatchet, hunting knife/etc.) but can't use them to defend yourself. The aim system is poor.

Some parts of the map there is pretty much nothing to do/have anything to help you survive and you generally hit those parts when you're in need of something the most. There is no marker on the maps either so you have to rely on your memory and key map points to find your way around/back to base.

I should have got the PC version but I will be investing lots more time into this, worth a go if you can get it on the cheap.